TTI Part Number: 210S048
Mfr Part Number: 210S048
Price: $65

IMG_4290.JPG
IMG_4293.JPG
IMG_4295.JPG
IMG_4297.JPG
IMG_4298.JPG
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
Gregski

Re: ZombieVerter VCU Connector Depinning Tool

Post by Gregski »

used for depinning this type of harness from AliExpress

IMG_4300.JPG

the orange thing appears to be just a shield to either prevent the tool from getting damaged or you from getting cut, maybe
IMG_4302.JPG
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
Woodfie

Post by Woodfie »

Thanks for info, have been removing some with less sophisticated jewelers screwdriver method.

On a related track, pinout for the Zombie board, Mth, Htm, Req, and Clk etc. For use with Prius Nvw30 inverter,
Can you point me as where to locate this please.?
Thanks.
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

Woodfie wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:11 am Thanks for info, have been removing some with less sophisticated jewelers screwdriver method.

On a related track, pinout for the Zombie board, Mth, Htm, Req, and Clk etc. For use with Prius Nvw30 inverter,
Can you point me as where to locate this please.?
Thanks.

it will be my next video, in the meantime please see if this thread can help

Prius Gen 3 Inverter Connector Pin Out Dumbed Down
Woodfie

Post by Woodfie »

Thanks for the link, Ots the Zombie pins am presently searching for..
Your videos are very helpful thanks, look forward to it..

Had figured there must be a diagram about, my limited searching ability has found this on an old post for gs450h,

Do you know if this suits for the Prius you have in the Rabbit? I guess all the oil pump etc is ignored.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240510-163535_Chrome.jpg
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

that looks similar to what's on the Wiki https://openinverter.org/wiki/ZombieVerter_VCU#Installation

all you need is the four pairs of wires from the Inverter to the Zombie, there are four sets of three wires shown in the diagram below because the third wire from each wire pair loops back to the inverter plug

Inverter Synchronous Serial.jpg
royhen99

Post by royhen99 »

Best to use the pinout from the wiki as I corrected the can and can2 positions. Older posts on the forum may have this incorrect.
ScythianNite

Post by ScythianNite »

thanks gregski! This feels like something that should be documented in the wiki, but where would a good spot be?

update: I added it to the hardware section immediately after the prewired connector w/ leads line item

unfortunately formatting is terrible because I don't really know what I'm doing
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

ScythianNite wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:17 am thanks gregski! This feels like something that should be documented in the wiki, but where would a good spot be?

update: I added it to the hardware section immediately after the prewired connector w/ leads line item

a Specialty Tools section wouldn't hurt
Woodfie

Post by Woodfie »

ScythianNite wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:17 am thanks gregski! This feels like something that should be documented in the wiki, but where would a good spot be?

Thanks all for your inputs.

Had been looking for Prius label, when its presently looked more like Leaf , I Didn't notice the sync serial is universally there..
I guess this is all stated somewhere that I haven't come across... Just wondering best way to guide fumbling folks like myself in the right direction..
Greg's videos are very helpful ,

Perhaps at some stage, links to this connection information, if was shipped with the board would have been a good starting point for me..

Not sure how to get feedback to help this, without seemingly like being a nuisance .
Just trying to think of paths to help newer stumbling folks..
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

Woodfie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:21 am Thanks all for your inputs.

Had been looking for Prius label, when its presently looked more like Leaf , I Didn't notice the sync serial is universally there..
I guess this is all stated somewhere that I haven't come across... Just wondering best way to guide fumbling folks like myself in the right direction..
Greg's videos are very helpful ,

Perhaps at some stage, links to this connection information, if was shipped with the board would have been a good starting point for me..

Not sure how to get feedback to help this, without seemingly like being a nuisance .
Just trying to think of paths to help newer stumbling folks..

Step 1. ask questions, like you did, you are already ahead of the game (if you think you are the only one confused or timid about asking, you are dead wrong, you are doing others a favor by asking)

Step 2. network, click on the persons name aka handle then click on add friend, 99% of them will accept, guys live to talk EV, then private message them a question if you are embarrassed to ask in public
Woodfie

Post by Woodfie »

Thanks for helping....have the connections sorted ready for when have a Zombie board prepared.

Next to assemble supplied chips, and wifi module.
The Damian Maguire video I found has guidance to installing a wifi board , not the Esp one, which could be flipped over and seemingly incorrectly installed.
Is there another video description , or instructions that I haven't come across that would help me.with this next step ?
Attachments
20240512_220338.jpg
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

Woodfie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:28 am Thanks for helping....have the connections sorted ready for when have a Zombie board prepared.

Next to assemble supplied chips, and wifi module.
The Damian Maguire video I found has guidance to installing a wifi board , not the Esp one, which could be flipped over and seemingly incorrectly installed.
Is there another video description , or instructions that I haven't come across that would help me.with this next step ?

That looks great, awesome job Woodfie, so see if this thread will help

EVBMW Zombieverter Videos Table of Contents
Woodfie

Post by Woodfie »

Perfect.... Thanks Greg,
Was able to go straight to the Feb 2023 video titled with Blue wifi Module. And Tap into Exactly what I need to help .

Many Thanks for the Great Complimation of Damians contributions.. I was struggling to find the right spot..to look. :D
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

Woodfie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:49 pm Perfect.... Thanks Greg,
Was able to go straight to the Feb 2023 video titled with Blue wifi Module. And Tap into Exactly what I need to help .

Many Thanks for the Great Complimation of Damians contributions.. I was struggling to find the right spot..to look. :D

it does feel like drinking out of a fire hose sometimes

drinking-from-the-firehose.jpeg
Woodfie

Post by Woodfie »

:D Correct... well done.. :D