TeslaVette

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
markbyers383

TeslaVette

Post by markbyers383 »

Had the "bright" idea of trying to stuff a Model S large drive unit in a Corvette back in 2018 turns out it totally doesn't fit without some modification to the car or the drive unit. But when you really want something you just have to make it happen. So I found a 98 Corvette & started stripping! Then I took the car apart & realized how much more stripping I was going to have to do to finish this project.
I worked with a builder back in the 2000's & after coming to the realization that I may need a little help I contacted the Day Man to sell him on the idea. We started building brain pictures together of how to actually get this thing going.
Attachments
TVmotor.jpg
IMG_4863.JPG
IMG_4865.JPG
20180214_100853.jpg
TeslaVette.jpg
20180209_134818.jpg
JaniK

Re: TeslaVette

Post by JaniK »

Cool project!

? Is that some kind of corner drive unit next to half of a Tesla LDU?
Any opinions are my own, unless stated otherwise. I take no responsibility if you follow my way of doing things and it doesn't work. Please double check with someone who knows what they are doing.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Do you think of adapting the tesla assembly by putting the motor on the other side of planet gearbox? You would discard Tesla gearbox and use Vette gearbox. That would be awsome. Lot of precision work though.
What about turning motor sideways and using one side of gearbox while fixing the other side in place? Then you would only need to shorten the driveshaft.

A
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

arber333 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:26 am What about turning motor sideways and using one side of gearbox while fixing the other side in place? Then you would only need to shorten the driveshaft.
This might be useful in that scenario;

This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
mfox

Post by mfox »

great project . If you connect motor like this , how you are gooing to solve rotor cooling ?