DC/DC Converter

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
onegreenev

DC/DC Converter

Post by onegreenev »

I have a person who is going to be running a 300 plus volt system in their converted vehicle. They are in need of a DC/DC converter and I was wondering if any of the OEM DC/DC converters could be used as a stand along DC/DC converter without any fancy hacking? Also what about one for a low voltage system in the 120v max range pack voltage as stand alone. We know we will eventually need other things and a charger that can charge so Im looking at the openinverter for that part. Eventually they will need a BMS integrated into the system too but until then they will monitor all the cells manually. They are aware of the work involved in manual monitoring for now. A step at a time.

Thanks
Pete
arber333

Re: DC/DC Converter

Post by arber333 »

onegreenev wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:40 am I have a person who is going to be running a 300 plus volt system in their converted vehicle. They are in need of a DC/DC converter and I was wondering if any of the OEM DC/DC converters could be used as a stand along DC/DC converter without any fancy hacking? Also what about one for a low voltage system in the 120v max range pack voltage as stand alone. We know we will eventually need other things and a charger that can charge so Im looking at the openinverter for that part. Eventually they will need a BMS integrated into the system too but until then they will monitor all the cells manually. They are aware of the work involved in manual monitoring for now. A step at a time.

Thanks
Pete
Currently i know of some DCDC systems that simply work by providing 12V "Enable" signal. Those are, but not limited to:
Nissan Leaf gen1 DCDC viewtopic.php?t=1532
Mitsubishi Outlander DCDC; charger needs to be CAN controlled, but not DCDC viewtopic.php?t=628
Tesla model S DCDC viewtopic.php?p=20995&hilit=Tesla+DCDC#p20995
Volt Gen2 DCDC, when you connect DC voltage you need to provide 75% PWM and keep DC link connected and it will revert to 13.6V permanently viewtopic.php?t=978
There is also 1kW DCDC inside Gen3 Prius inverter that will work with presence of 12V Enable signal.
There may be others...

Low voltage DCDC models could be get from EV shops https://evshop.eu/en/18-dcdc-converters
For smaller DCDC eg. 600W i can refer you to Meanwell products such as https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/260/ ... 806131.pdf
or HLG-600H https://www.meanwell.com/Upload/PDF/HLG ... H-SPEC.PDF
bexander

Re: DC/DC Converter

Post by bexander »

Regarding low voltage DCDC, I have one from a Renault Clio Electrique with the following specs:
Input: 70-172V
Ouput: 14V, 55A
Price: €50 + shipping

Send me a PM if you are interested.