Free Gen 2 Toyota Prius

Buy and sell
Jack Bauer

Free Gen 2 Toyota Prius

Post by Jack Bauer »

Yes you read the title correctly. I am offering my 2003 model year gen 2 Toyota Prius for free. What's the catch you may ask? The catch is it's offered strictly as an ev conversion parts donor only! Fully running and driving and will be road legal until 10th April 21 when its NCT (road worthiness) expires. It won't pass another inspection due to severe corrosion in the rear. I had intended stripping out the drivetrain for a future project before the test expired but changes in circumstances mean this probably won't happen.

Car is located in County Wexford in Ireland and will be available around the end of March 21. No I won't strip parts off it so please don't ask. Take as the full car only. Can be legally driven away subject to your own insurance up to 10/04/21 or I can provide the details of a local recovery company who would deliver. Probably only makes sense within Ireland.

I think we have yet to see a conversion based on a gen2 system so an ideal opportunity for someone. I have other gen2 bits lying around that I'll also include. Not for sale elsewhere and if not taken by April 10 will be making its last journey to my local scrap yard. Let's try and avoid that:)
Attachments
2021-01-17 09.41.44.jpg
2021-01-17 09.41.19.jpg
2021-01-17 09.41.11.jpg
2021-01-17 09.40.57.jpg
I'm going to need a hacksaw
paaa

Re: Free Gen 2 Toyota Prius

Post by paaa »

If no one else wants it , I would like to take it and use the bits for my smart roadster project. I have the shell for that bought but no suitable drivetrain bought yet. Its next project on my list after my electric Subaru.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

No worries. I'll pop back onto this thread end of March and its first come first served.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
MattsAwesomeStuff

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

Jack Bauer wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:03 amI had intended stripping out the drivetrain for a future project before the test expired but changes in circumstances mean this probably won't happen.
Good things? Bad things? Things just being different?
turnip73

Post by turnip73 »

If @paaa doesn't take it I will. I'm planning to convert my Gen2 Prius to fully EV and it would be great as a development platform before starting on my daily driver.
paaa

Post by paaa »

Im open to working with you on that, that way we both learn something and should have some cool info to share. I sent you a PM