Nissan Leaf E+ 62kwh conversion

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
NickoSynergy

Nissan Leaf E+ 62kwh conversion

Post by NickoSynergy »

Image Hello all, a friend of mine has just bought a late model 2023 Leaf E+ 62Kwh, which he wants me to utilise for a Land Rover Series 2A build, as he's been following my Series 3 build which got him interested! My build uses a 2019 40Kwh setup, which I've used a Resolve EV controller, however I overlooked the fact that this controller won't run Chademo with Gen 3, so I see that there's some developments in the market, particularly with the Openinverter/XombieVerter, so I'm looking for some advice and the best possible solution, that ideally doesn't need coding, etc, a ready to go solution that manages all the original charging, etc. Thank you in advance :-)
m.art.y

Re: Nissan Leaf E+ 62kwh conversion

Post by m.art.y »

Late 2023 Leaf is likely using different CAN messages, I tried it with Zombieverter and it did not work like the earlier gen3 stacks did. Some of the hardware is different too like the onboard charger (PDM). So likely this needs to be reverse engineered again.
NickoSynergy

Post by NickoSynergy »

m.art.y wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:05 pm Late 2023 Leaf is likely using different CAN messages, I tried it with Zombieverter and it did not work like the earlier gen3 stacks did. Some of the hardware is different too like the onboard charger (PDM). So likely this needs to be reverse engineered again.
Thank you, I'm hoping that something will be developed, however I'm also considering utilising the OEM VCM, BMS, PDM, etc, but from experience that's an huge amount of bulky wiring and other peripheral components.
Alibro

Post by Alibro »

NickoSynergy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:28 pm Thank you, I'm hoping that something will be developed, however I'm also considering utilising the OEM VCM, BMS, PDM, etc, but from experience that's an huge amount of bulky wiring and other peripheral components.
I've seen this done by a couple of people but like you say it means trying to find space for many of the Leaf modules in your car.
I need a bigger hammer!
NickoSynergy

Post by NickoSynergy »

Alibro wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:03 am I've seen this done by a couple of people but like you say it means trying to find space for many of the Leaf modules in your car.
Yes, there's plenty of converters doing this successfully, however not sure anybody's done the 62 kwh, so I'm looking at this with a fresh set of eyes.
duivekeet

Post by duivekeet »

Replace the PDM type 3 for the PDM type 2 and it will work. Look at the site resolve-ev.com
I have a Renault Estafette with a PDM type 2 (2014-2017) and a 62kWh batterypack and the Chademo works fine.