Help with LDU coder (23 pin plug)

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
TorontoTurbo

Help with LDU coder (23 pin plug)

Post by TorontoTurbo »

Hello, I am new here, just bought a Tesla LDU, and Open Inverter board from here last night.

The motor is missing the 23 pin plug ( I think it is called a coder?). Am I able to wire directly to the new board or does it need the 23 pin plug?

What are my options if it needs a plug? Can it be purchased.....I am in Canada

Also can someone confirm by the pictures if I need anything else, I am not sure if there is any wiring missing for the plug or is everything there? I put an arrow where I think the plug goes but I am not sure since this is my first purchase.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
coder 2.jpg
Coder 1.jpg
Tesla LDU and Open Inverter
TorontoTurbo

Re: Help with LDU coder (23 pin plug)

Post by TorontoTurbo »

So I am not able to wire directly to the board?
Also can anyone confirm all the wiring is there that is needed for the coder?
Thanks
Tesla LDU and Open Inverter
catphish

Re: Help with LDU coder (23 pin plug)

Post by catphish »

You *could* wire directly to the logic board. You'd need to check to make sure none of the wires go straight to the power stages. However, I really wouldn't. The original connector gives a nice secure and properly sealed way to terminate connections into the unit.

This connector has pins for lots of things. Most of these go to other parts of the vehicle (gear selector, throttle, power, etc), but you will find that 4 of the pins need to go to the motor encoder. This is a 4-pin connector somewhere else on the LDU which has to connect back to the logic board.