Toyota Prius gen2 plug and play

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
turnip73

Toyota Prius gen2 plug and play

Post by turnip73 »

Prius gen2 have all the connections needed to run it located behind the glove compartment (Hybrid Vehicle Control ECU and Engine Control Module).
I've designed a board that fits in the original Hybrid Vehicle Control ECU case and create a man in the middle setup for connecting for example the openinverter.

Please note that there is a few issues on the current board design (see issues in in github link below)

For more info see wiki in github link below.

https://github.com/hakanrolsson/PriusHVConnector

I have boards available if someone want one.

current status:
20220709 Trying to get Open Loop motor spinning. Running in parallel with OEM Hybrid Vehicle Control ECU giving openinverter control of MG1 (MUU, MVU and MWU), MG1 and MG2 disconnected from OEM ECU (MUU, MVU, MWU, GUU, GVU and GWU) and Engine Control Module disconnected with stock gen2 Prius (Black Betty viewtopic.php?t=1359)

20220806 Motor (MG2) spinning in open loop manual mode. next connect encoder and accelerator pedal.

20220814 Conected encoder from MG2 to openinverter (MRF,MRFG,FMCS,MCSG,MSN and MSNG). Connected MCS,MCSG,MSN,MSNG from OEM Hybrid Vehicle Control ECU to GCS,GCSG,GSN,GSNG (MRF,MRFG left discnnedted). Switched to FOC software. See angel plot in post below.
Attachments
20220706_132316.jpg
20211127_213616.jpg
MattsAwesomeStuff

Re: Toyota Prius gen2 plug and play

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

Wow, look at that. Solid effort.

Hopefully this lends itself well to many future sneak attacks, subduing the wiring beast to our command.

Perhaps Damien or Johannes know someone with a Prius they could borrow and molest in the dark.
turnip73

Post by turnip73 »

Got MG2 to work in reverse. In drive the OEM controller trips and opens the contactors.
Getting Code P0A78 probably because I have MIVA,MIVB,MIWA and MIVB but not MUU, MVU, MWU, GUU, GVU and GWU connected to the OEM controller.
Without MIVA,MIVB,MIWA and MIVB connected to the OEM controller it will not close the contactors.
turnip73

Post by turnip73 »

Connected up the encoder to MG2:
anglePlot.jpg
RetroZero

Post by RetroZero »

Would be interested in your syncoffs value amongst your other parameters. Good job 👍
turnip73

Post by turnip73 »

RetroZero wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:48 am Would be interested in your syncoffs value amongst your other parameters. Good job 👍
Thank you for all your work. I will post parameters when stabilized.