VCU USB port

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
HawkHP+

VCU USB port

Post by HawkHP+ »

Hello everyone!

I just received the Leaf and GS450H boards from Damien (Thank you! Damien), got a few questions to prepare before I start off my EV project -

USB port- both boards have USB ports, it connects just like the Arduino SAM3X, however, when I am using the serial monitor on the Leaf board, nothing pops up, no timestamp, no data, on the other hand for the GS450H board, I can see data display on the serial monitor? Are there any secret code I need to type in before anything pop up? I know the Tesla charger board required to press a "d" to access the menu?

DC voltage -What is the lowest DC power I can supply to the inverter before the motor will actually turn? is there any minimum threshold for the input DC voltage on GS450H inverter and the Leaf inverter?? any parameter setup requirement on Damien's control board? If I am doing a low voltage test, do I still need a pre-charger contactor hook up?

Tesla V3 Charger board- I also purchase a V3 charger board, looking for an installation manual, I found a V2 charger manual, is it much different? wiring diagram?

Thank you in advance, I hope I get to meet you all at a meet or at a training session.
Jack Bauer

Re: VCU USB port

Post by Jack Bauer »

Gen 3 charger wiring video :

Controller pinout :
https://github.com/damienmaguire/Tesla- ... Pinout.pdf

The current firmware on the Leaf vcu will not output on the serial monitor untill connected to a running motor. Firmware and other resources on github:
https://github.com/damienmaguire/Nissan ... Controller

No min voltage on the gs450h but i suggest about 40v to get a good run. Leaf needs min 140vdc.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
HawkHP+

Re: VCU USB port

Post by HawkHP+ »

Thank you for the replied.

I reviewed the gen 2 VCU controller manual on github, there is a section to set up the DC output voltage, it said 4.15 or 4.2 per cell? I thought the controller output the total voltage? if so, is it 50-430VDC 30A stated from the Tesla documentation?