Vauxhall Firenza

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
TFirenza

Vauxhall Firenza

Post by TFirenza »

Want to properly introduce myself Been lurking for a while, Its very gratifying seeing everyone trail blazing conversion paths using OEM parts.

The project I have in mind, a Vauxhall Firenza, I've had the car in the workshop for a while with a good chunk of restoration bits complete, I've just been feeling a bit unenthusiastic about installing a big new Smogmaker. So started to explore options to convert I was initially put off due to cost and configuration of battery space. I think the gs450h platform has made my change my mind on this as its possible to use more of the engine bay for batteries with this configuration.
firenza.jpg
Electrickery Progress sofar;

Have Damien's vcu running and confirmed software is up to date, I have the wifi monitoring page working and Ive put together a wiring harness. next, get the ISA shunt working and displaying and assemble precharge. I can then test it all out (need to figure a temporary battery).
vcu3.jpg
vcu.jpg
vcu2.jpg
thenest.jpg
One issue I've been a little stuck on is final drive, I understand Damien is using a 2.88:1 diff on the Superyacht, but I think the simplest solutions for my build only go as high as 3:09:1 I'm not sure if this will present a large issue I may have to get creative.

Many Thanks Everyone, Tom :)
Kevin Sharpe

Re: Vauxhall Firenza

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

TFirenza wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:11 pm One issue I've been a little stuck on is final drive, I understand Damien is using a 2.88:1 diff on the Superyacht, but I think the simplest solutions for my build only go as high as 3:09:1 I'm not sure if this will present a large issue I may have to get creative.
Damien drove the SuperYacht ("BEXUS") perfectly with both the petrol and diesel diffs. Part of the motivation for the change to the diesel diff was a long distance towing requirement and the availability of a cheap diff. I would recommend testing with your cars existing diff before putting any effort into changing the ratio.
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
TFirenza

Post by TFirenza »

Okay cheers Kevin that's good to hear I can concentrate on other things
TFirenza

Post by TFirenza »

A little update, configured the ISA shunt and have the information showing up via the serial monitor. With the gs450h script reloaded I'm able to see the current via WiFi interface.

The voltage however does not, I'm currently using version gs450h_07 assuming its waiting for an enable in the software once other bits are connected, but progress!

If anyone knows if it's better to use another version that would be good to know as I'm seeing some bits specific to the E65 :)
Attachments
IMG_20200912_133626.jpg
IMG_20200912_133636.jpg
TFirenza

Post by TFirenza »

Been working on some other things recently but back to the Firenza and success my transmission is spinning! :D, need to now configure the throttle pedal as its spinning without any pressure applied.