Tesla CHAdeMO adapter

Development and discussion of fast charging systems eg Chademo , CCS etc
RAS_666

Tesla CHAdeMO adapter

Post by RAS_666 »

Has anyone experimented with one of these adapters the prices seem to be coming down to almost the same level as what people are trying to cell broken chademo sockets from scrapped leafs and outlanders!

I was looking into it a little and found a forum post where someone had logged the messages to and from but hadn't posted anything since. Appears that they use a single wire can on the control pilot. Possibly at 33.3kbps and hinted at standard chademo messages being passed through along with some other commands replacing the analogue connections.
Kevin Sharpe

Re: Tesla CHAdeMO adapter

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

RAS_666 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 am Has anyone experimented with one of these adapters the prices seem to be coming down to almost the same level as what people are trying to cell broken chademo sockets from scrapped leafs and outlanders!
One of my colleagues did some work on the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter but the project was abandoned because passing DC over the AC pins also requires a lot of functionality from the Tesla HVJB and Tesla charger.

I do currently have a project that will reuse the inline CHAdeMO connector with a CCS connector to provide a 'dumb' adaptor. Unfortunatley, this is a low priority project so unlikely to see much progress this year.
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
RAS_666

Re: Tesla CHAdeMO adapter

Post by RAS_666 »

Ah I was thinking a set of 4 dual throw contactors on the type 2 inlet and something arduinoy reading the control pilot if it's over 5% duty then connect it to a can tranciever. Atleast that's how I presume it to work anyway I will have to aquire one cheap off eBay and take a model s out for a test drive 8-)