Strokes at the start of Nissan Leaf Motor

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
Babac

Strokes at the start of Nissan Leaf Motor

Post by Babac »

Hello. I recently bought a V.3 board, I want to start a Chevrolet volt inverter with an EM61 motor, so far I have only started from 8 volts of power for the test, with increasing voltage there are more shocks in the transmission at startup, and the motor often turns in one direction, regardless of where it is turned on I tried the toggle switch of the direction, phase combination, what do you advise, thanks!
arber333

Re: Strokes at the start of Nissan Leaf Motor

Post by arber333 »

First increase the DC voltage to at least 36Vdc!
Drivers need at least that much for good operation.

Those shakes you are seeing mean resolver pinout is not correct or you don't have correct phase distribution. Try to methodically experiment which resolver pinout is correct.
Babac

Post by Babac »

50V goes to the logic of the inverter, but I feed it separately to the IGBT itself, I tried from 8V to 48V, the higher the voltage, the stronger the shock at startup. I have already tried all the options (6) for changing the phase wires, and the revolver also interchanged, only the direction of rotation changes and the problem remains, still the motor does not stop when the regulator is in the zero position, only you need to turn it off then stop. it turns out to achieve a smoother robot if you change "curkp, curki", syncofs the best or 16000 or 48000
Babac

Post by Babac »

20 volts of power in the video, when turned on, there is a sharp jump in current of about 200 A phase, and the inverter turns off the PWM, the lower the voltage, the smoother the start and the motor rotates, though as already written it rotates even at zero throttle, and if it has already worked it turns very nicely and when 1-2 amperes of phase current
zippy500

Post by zippy500 »

have you tried the leaf motor config file
Babac

Post by Babac »

Of course, there is the latest firmware 4.85, and the settings for the Nissan Leaf motor, although I already tried to change them
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Babac wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:01 pm 50V goes to the logic of the inverter, but I feed it separately to the IGBT itself, I tried from 8V to 48V, the higher the voltage, the stronger the shock at startup. I have already tried all the options (6) for changing the phase wires, and the revolver also interchanged, only the direction of rotation changes and the problem remains, still the motor does not stop when the regulator is in the zero position, only you need to turn it off then stop. it turns out to achieve a smoother robot if you change "curkp, curki", syncofs the best or 16000 or 48000
Why would you want to separate power supply? I have allways just applied power through the rear power cable and from there also logic board got its power. While it wont provide much power at 50V i got to turn the Leaf motor really well. I used either encoder or commutation sensor from RLS, not original resolver, which is strange, but i wanted to experiment with both Lebowski and Johannes boards.
Babac

Post by Babac »

I increased the voltage for the initial setting, so as not to burn the inverter, for a voltage of more than 20V there are already only strokes and surges of the motor moment, I can not get normal rotation
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Babac wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:57 pm I increased the voltage for the initial setting, so as not to burn the inverter, for a voltage of more than 20V there are already only strokes and surges of the motor moment, I can not get normal rotation
What does fault output of driver section say? There is a pin that is pulling to gnd, but if in fault it will release pullup to 5V.
For good current feedback you need 4K7 pulldown resistors on signal wires immediaely behind connector. If you dont use this your current values will float around.
Also you need to connect inverter casing to the motor casing. Use a flat cable or copper braid. There could be 200V capacitively coupled on the motor.
Babac

Post by Babac »

the conclusion about the driver malfunction is not connected to the control board yet, and I’ll try to connect the controller case to the engine tomorrow, thanks. I already thought about trying an older version of the software, spent 10 days on solving this problem, and do not want to work :(