Tesla model 3 2019 - swap into another car?

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
razvanypo

Tesla model 3 2019 - swap into another car?

Post by razvanypo »

Hello.i m some kinda new to this but whit medium skills of electric cars so please accept me as i am.
I recently bought a complete tesla car that it was involved in accident model 3 2019 awd that i wanted to swap into another car so..i studied the forum for diferent options to swap this thing.
I need advices that what i need to buy to make my dreams come true.
What should i buy for both motors ,batery pack ,recharging to a complet swap.dont wanna transfer all tesla to another car:))..
Whit links should be ok.
I will buy all i need to make this car.thks for understanding me
Attachments
20200207_155538.jpg
JaniK

Re: Tesla model 3 2019 - swap into another car?

Post by JaniK »

Very interesting, care to share what is your target car?
Any opinions are my own, unless stated otherwise. I take no responsibility if you follow my way of doing things and it doesn't work. Please double check with someone who knows what they are doing.
razvanypo

Post by razvanypo »

Kia sorento:)
mfox

Post by mfox »

Nice pickup,
but model 3 has crasy long 4 modules, they wont fit in normal car... you can't disasemble them...
razvanypo

Post by razvanypo »

I saw what i have to move...all.that why i need yo know if the pcb for inverter will work.want to put both motors.in sunday i will take down both motors and batery..i will put pictures
razvanypo

Post by razvanypo »

Do you think i can drive both motors whit these pcb for large drive unit and small drive unit ?considering they are from model 3?
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

razvanypo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:51 am Do you think i can drive both motors whit these pcb for large drive unit and small drive unit ?considering they are from model 3?
No
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

The motors and inverters in the Model 3 drive units are vastly different to those in the Model s and x. Design of a logic board is on hold as I have not yet had access to a Model 3 drive unit.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
razvanypo

Post by razvanypo »

Ohhhhhhh....nooo...:(( then i have to swap all the tesla...
jnsaff

Post by jnsaff »

razvanypo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:28 pm Ohhhhhhh....nooo...:(( then i have to swap all the tesla...
Here’s an idea: loan one of the motors to Damien to figure out the control boards ;)
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

razvanypo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:28 pm Ohhhhhhh....nooo...:(( then i have to swap all the tesla...
If the car can be put back on the road then i'd recommend doing that work because it will teach you a lot about the Tesla systems.

If the car can't be put back on the road then i'd recommend stripping out all the electronics and get it working on the bench.

In either scenario you'll end up with a lot more knowledge and a working platform that you can transfer into another car with or without open source controllers.
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
razvanypo

Post by razvanypo »

I can send to damien one motor but what can i do whit batery..the bms cant be changed..
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

The bms is already being hacked. See latest EVTV video. If you are sending me a motor then please include driveshafts and both hv and lv wiring connectors.
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

razvanypo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:17 am I can send to damien one motor but what can i do whit batery..the bms cant be changed..
You need to send both motors...front and rear are electrically different
JaniK

Post by JaniK »

jnsaff wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:49 pm
Here’s an idea: loan one of the motors to Damien to figure out the control boards ;)
I second that! Maybe we as a community could arrange some money for shipping it?
Any opinions are my own, unless stated otherwise. I take no responsibility if you follow my way of doing things and it doesn't work. Please double check with someone who knows what they are doing.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Well, I'll repeat my offer from before. If an M3 drive unit or units arrive in my workshop I'll develop and test an open source control system at my cost and time. The donor will get motor back with a working controller. I will then sell the control board to recoup some money and of course all will be on github, youtube and on here for all to see. I won't buy a drive unit or pay shipping. That's up to the community. Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread.
razvanypo

Post by razvanypo »

I will think at that and will give you an answer.i will talk to my locak dhl to see the price
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

razvanypo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:32 pm I will think at that and will give you an answer.i will talk to my locak dhl to see the price
We had 5 people interested in supporting the effort to crowdfund the purchase of the model 3 motors (here) and I would expect more now that the community has grown. So funding the shipping shouldn't be a big ask (maybe we could even sweeten the deal with a free PCB for anyone who contributes to the shipping).

I have one alternative suggestion... chuck the two motors in your car and drive to Ireland during one of our courses (here). I'll give you the course for free in return :)
razvanypo

Post by razvanypo »

Can you please put the link of the bms?i didnt found him
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

razvanypo wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:52 am Can you please put the link of the bms?i didnt found him
gigi

Post by gigi »

Hi all! Tomorow we will decide what we will do with the Tesla.
Is a verry intresting proposal to drive to Ireland:)
Our biggest concern is to have a functional battery and motors
Thank you for intrest and much appreciated for your help.
razvanypo

Post by razvanypo »

The motors are down and i will prepare for shipping to you
Attachments
20200215_180702.jpg
20200215_191922.jpg
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

To me I'm guessing? Cool:) Will send you a pm with my details.
gigi

Post by gigi »

Jack Bauer wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:35 pm To me I'm guessing? Cool:) Will send you a pm with my details.
Yes. Please send contact to Razvan or to me. Monday I will try to find an expedition company cheaper then dhl:)
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Have emailed you my details.