Need Help: Inverter goes to full throttle during testing

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
Ember

Need Help: Inverter goes to full throttle during testing

Post by Ember »

Hello everyone,
I am currently testing my Gen 3 Prius inverter and transaxle with a V1d board from EVBMW. I’ve got them hooked up to a HVJB and I am currently testing with a 80v battery. I am trying to get my throttle working to spin MG2, but keep running into the issue of the motor “running away” and not stoping when I release the throttle. Here is a video of the issue I am having:

I was able to spin MG2 successfully with sine firmware and then with FOC in manual testing mode.
I currently have v5.24 FOC firmware that Pete edited to have a fixed flash size because the chips on my board were having trouble flashing.
I was first testing with a gen 3 Prius throttle and now I am using a gen 2 Prius throttle with the same issues.
I have tried using single regen mode with pot min at 1400 and pot max at 4095 but that made the issue worse.
I am currently using dual channel potmode with pot 1 at 700-3800 and pot 2 at 1500-3800 and have not been getting throttle errors from the inverter.
You can also hear in the video that the motor is making a knocking noise until it runs away, I’m not sure what this is.

If anyone has any advice or has experience with a similar issue any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Ember

Here are all of my params:
params (4).json
(1.46 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Zieg

Re: Need Help: Inverter goes to full throttle during testing

Post by Zieg »

Can you tell which way it's going? Is it regen or is it spinning forward?
Ember

Re: Need Help: Inverter goes to full throttle during testing

Post by Ember »

It is spinning forward