Tesla model 3 high-voltage battery logic controls

JAB

Tesla model 3 high-voltage battery logic controls

Post by JAB »

I was very grateful to find your pinouts for the logic plug on the high-voltage battery.

I am in the process of purchasing the high-voltage battery from a Tesla model 3 but before I complete the purchase I would like to access the vehicle can bus to extract data.

The battery has been removed from the car. The battery is in excellent condition but because of a rear end accident it has been classified as a statutory right off.

Am I able to read CAN H: vehicle can pin 16 and CAN L: vehicle can pin 15 without the 12 V vehicle battery being connected to the high-voltage battery?

Would I need to connect a 12 V battery to pins 8 and 9? Is pin 8 12 V+ And pin 9 12 V- ?

I would really appreciate an explanation of the function of the 13 pins but in particular the Vin: contact power 12 V on pin 18.

Looking forward to your response.

John
JAB

Re: Tesla model 3 high-voltage battery logic controls

Post by JAB »

I should have mentioned in my previous post that is the Tesla model 3 was manufactured on 27 June 2021 and the Vin number is VIN: LRW3F7FJ6MC382377

The link to the image of the pinouts I referred to in my previous post is below.

[][https://www.openinverter.org/wiki/image ... Pinout.jpg]