Zombieverter Updates

dadiowe

Zombieverter Updates

Post by dadiowe »

I have a link setup for Damiens Github and am so excited to see lots of notifications about Tom evnut's work on regen and gearchange. Firstly thanks to both Tom and Damien for their work on the zombieverter hardware and software.
But, sorry i may be missing something, I don't see anything on the wiki or the forum about this. If am missing something I do apologise.
I think people need to be aware of the progress on the gs450h that is happening behind the scenes. I don't think the work is actually in a new version of the software (please correct me if I am wrong) at this time but things are looking great for the near future.
crasbe

Re: Zombieverter Updates

Post by crasbe »

dadiowe wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:50 pm But, sorry i may be missing something, I don't see anything on the wiki or the forum about this
This has the simple reason that nobody wrote about it yet. Keeping the wiki updated takes a LOT of time and this is very much a collaborative community project, not just a "Damien and Tom" project.

So if you want to see something in the Wiki that is currently missing, the best approach is to add it :)
Jacobsmess

Post by Jacobsmess »

Also, I think release firmware does usually get announced here.
Bigpie

Post by Bigpie »

It's not made it to a release yet so it makes little sense documenting it on the wiki until it does.
Checking GitHub is ideal for getting an eye on changes that might be released in the near future, if that's of interest.
VW Beetle 2003
Outlander front generator
Prius Gen 3 inverter (EVBMW logic board)
Outlander charger
3x Golf GTE batteries
Chademo Charging
Outlander water heater
tom91

Post by tom91 »

The github has yet to be verified code on it. It is highly WIP and some features might not actually make it into the release so no point shouting about it until things are proven.
Founder Volt Influx https://www.voltinflux.com/
Webstore: https://citini.com/
crasbe

Post by crasbe »

I don't really like being called a hypocrite in my private messages, so I'll let you know how Open Source, community based projects work:

Everyone has a role in an Open Source project. There are people who drive the project, such as Damien, Johannes, Tom, uhi, Pete and a couple more. Additionally there are developers, who contribute bigger or smaller parts of the software. Then there are people who write documentation and help making the stuff that developers developed accessible. There are users and testers, who try to find, replicate and document bugs so they can be fixed. There are people who make videos trying to explain their progress and how they solved issues.
All of these have in common that they spend dozens, hundreds, thousands or more hours and thousands of Euros of their own funds. The project lives from these people.

Then there are some people who see an Open Source project as a product, as a service. They feel entitled for some reason or another that they should receive help and all the developers should dedicate their time to answer their requests and help them instead of dedicating their time advancing the project.

You might fit as well into this category and perhaps view yourself as an innocent singular example. But this is not the case. On a daily basis, people ask the same questions (how do I hook up xyz? how do I do this? how do I configure that?), have the same requests (when is regen added? when is this added? when is this fixed?) and perhaps the same complaints (why is this video 2 hours long? why don't I immediately receive an answer?).

All of this takes substantial energy and motivation, even if you think that is was just a simple question or a small request. The way of putting a request is not changing what the request is about. The core of what you want happening is that someone takes their time (while this someone not being yourself), going through the Release Notes or even the code and documenting it in the Wiki.
You want to phrase the request as if it was just a mere innocent question, but, as you admitted in your "too rude to be posted publicly" private message that you have no intention to learn how to contribute to the wiki. You claim not to know the inner workings, meanwhile you are part of the Patreon Discord server. You CHOSE not to know and you CHOSE not to contribute.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Thanks very much for writing this up - again.

If anyone feels harassed let one of the admins know. We can flag a warning and ultimately ban people who suck energy off the creative crowd.

To whoever thought it was a good idea to be rude: Chop wood if you have a bad day.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

crasbe wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:26 am I don't really like being called a hypocrite in my private messages, so I'll let you know how Open Source, community based projects work:

Everyone has a role in an Open Source project. There are people who drive the project, such as Damien, Johannes, Tom, uhi, Pete and a couple more. Additionally there are developers, who contribute bigger or smaller parts of the software. Then there are people who write documentation and help making the stuff that developers developed accessible. There are users and testers, who try to find, replicate and document bugs so they can be fixed. There are people who make videos trying to explain their progress and how they solved issues.
All of these have in common that they spend dozens, hundreds, thousands or more hours and thousands of Euros of their own funds. The project lives from these people.

Then there are some people who see an Open Source project as a product, as a service. They feel entitled for some reason or another that they should receive help and all the developers should dedicate their time to answer their requests and help them instead of dedicating their time advancing the project.

You might fit as well into this category and perhaps view yourself as an innocent singular example. But this is not the case. On a daily basis, people ask the same questions (how do I hook up xyz? how do I do this? how do I configure that?), have the same requests (when is regen added? when is this added? when is this fixed?) and perhaps the same complaints (why is this video 2 hours long? why don't I immediately receive an answer?).

All of this takes substantial energy and motivation, even if you think that is was just a simple question or a small request. The way of putting a request is not changing what the request is about. The core of what you want happening is that someone takes their time (while this someone not being yourself), going through the Release Notes or even the code and documenting it in the Wiki.
You want to phrase the request as if it was just a mere innocent question, but, as you admitted in your "too rude to be posted publicly" private message that you have no intention to learn how to contribute to the wiki. You claim not to know the inner workings, meanwhile you are part of the Patreon Discord server. You CHOSE not to know and you CHOSE not to contribute.
Sorry I can't just let this go. I was a patreon of Damiens but have not been for a year or so. If I am registered on the discord please by all means remove me if you wish to do so.

I once again reiterate that my post had an apolgy in it if info was on the wiki. My intention was to just let people know that the regen and gearchange was in progress. I have posted on the forum on a number of occasions trying to help people who have any problems that I may of had. So I do try and contribute when I can.
I would happily contribute to the wiki but I do not have any knowledge of electronics and programming so why would I need to know how to post on the wiki.

I see little point in posting anymore, hence my recent silence, because it seems that when I do I cause offence most often to Crasbe.

Full disclosure of my private message to Crasbe
""" Re your above, as ever holyer than though response. I don't know or wish to know how to update the Wiki. I am not skilled enough in your "dark arts" to contribute. So hesitanly, because of the instant reaction of people such as yourself I thought I would post something to make people aware of the work that, those guys specifically are doing. The workings of the "inner sanctum" of the project are not known by me or others until something appears. It was an attempt in my humble way to let people know what is happening. If you read the whole post, I appolgise and phrased things, I thought, carefull to not cause offence. I do appreciate the work that everyone does and this particular news is what I am focussed on as I am almost running a GS 450h conversion. :).
I could post this response but I think it would be rude to do so :)"""

I don't know where I called Crasbe a hypocrite!!!

It is quite ironic that the forum is always saying, check the wiki the answer will be in there. Well this time it was not and I still seemed to have upset someone.

So having been suitably chastised by the great and the good. I will crawl back under my car and wait for the day when I can complete my, as Crasbe is talking about time and money, somewhere around £12,000 3 year project with regen to provide engine braking for safety.
dadiowe

Post by dadiowe »

johu wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:06 am Thanks very much for writing this up - again.

If anyone feels harassed let one of the admins know. We can flag a warning and ultimately ban people who suck energy off the creative crowd.

To whoever thought it was a good idea to be rude: Chop wood if you have a bad day.
I am not sure if you are talking about me or Crasbe! could you clarify please.
Bigpie

Post by Bigpie »

Closing this one down now, let's all play nice. It no longer on topic.

In Summary, the Wiki is the best place to go first, then check past forum posts and create a new one with specific questions if not answered.

To keep up with developments that may make it in to the next release, check GitHub, but note changes on GitHub are not intended for end users until they make it in to a released version.

There's no road map, ETA's etc. Developers work on what interests them as and when they feel like it, and it makes it to a release once tested and integrated, if it's deemed beneficial. Not all code changes/features will make it to a release.
VW Beetle 2003
Outlander front generator
Prius Gen 3 inverter (EVBMW logic board)
Outlander charger
3x Golf GTE batteries
Chademo Charging
Outlander water heater