Toyota Inverter Connectors and Pinouts

TinkerTan

Toyota Inverter Connectors and Pinouts

Post by TinkerTan »

My recent work with GS450h, LS600h and Camry hybrid inverters prompted me to spend some time resolving pinouts for the inverter LV connector and also figure out how to de-pin the connector (which I've seen called A60, A77, A62), which is less than obvious. Hopefully this thread page helps someone who finds themselves needing to re-pin an inverter connector, as I have found the LS600h, GS450h and Camry hybrid connectors do not share the same pinout.
Beyond de-pinning, I will share my pinouts I compiled side-by-side of the LS600/GS450/Camry inverters from 2008, per Toyota diagrams (the wiki only seems to have GS450).

I was not able to find any specific documentation for this type of connector, where the de-pin hole is diagonally offset on the lower left from the pin itself.
-To unlock the pins, pull up the (Mine is Gray) connector release lever
-The lock (mine is white) can be unlocked with a small screwdriver either under the front tab, or in the side hole exposed by the open/lifted release lever.
(Consider the 'bottom' to coincide with the same side the de-pin hole for each pin is on - in the photos, the connector is 'bottom' down)
-Using a flat de-pin lance/tool (with a tapered tip) narrow enough to fit in the de-pin hole, insert the tool into the hole straight in or at a very slightly upward angle - if the tip of the tool angles down, you've gone under the latch/clip. You should be able to feel slight resistance before you go even a centimeter in (about 1/4 inch).
-Once you are on the latch/clip, tilt the tool handle downward and pull the pin straight out. It would be best not to have tension on the pins before releasing the clip - in fact i like to push the pins inward to relieve all tension.

This took me an hour or more to figure out... Hopefully this helps someone. It should help many doing EV conversions with Lexus/Toyota inverters if you get connectors from the wrecking yard.
Cheers
Attachments
20240318_185050.jpg
20240318_185119.jpg
20240318_185138.jpg
20240318_185156.jpg
MattsAwesomeStuff

Re: Toyota Inverter Connectors and Pinouts

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

Could add this to the wiki. Give it its own page. Link it to all the relevant pages perhaps?