Set charge current on Tesla PCS and PCS controller

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
sirpewe

Set charge current on Tesla PCS and PCS controller

Post by sirpewe »

Hello.
I have a PCS controller with the latest fw from github:
https://github.com/damienmaguire/Tesla- ... ses/tag/V1
This reports as version: 1.01R (is this the latest fw available or are there any newer?)

The questions:
1. When changing the charge power with the pacspnt parameter, charger slowly ramps up (or down) to the set value.
- Is this the recommended parameter to use to control charge power, or should I use some of the current limit settings?
1b. Does the currentlimit have a faster reaction time and ramps down power faster?
2. If my EVSE detects current above the set grid limit (load balancing by monitoring grid import), it will signal this to the EV and lower the available power, if the EV doesn't respond to this fast enough EVSE will abort charging and resume after a while.
- This seems to put the CHG_STAT in fault and charging is not resumed. Are there any ways around this?
3. From this it doesn't seem as if the charger adapts to the CP signal from EVSE, is this the normal behaviour? (is this logic normally handled by some supervision software)?

Thank you
// Per
sirpewe

Re: Set charge current on Tesla PCS and PCS controller

Post by sirpewe »

I played a bit with the settings and found out that changing the IACLIM value resulted in a rather quick response.
So this seems to be the parameter to look at :)

If anyone know status of the FW and version please let me know.
The previous version before "upgrade" reported as 1.16 (?)