HELP Please - need (paid) assistance Rev2 Inverter UK

Esbro

HELP Please - need (paid) assistance Rev2 Inverter UK

Post by Esbro »

Is there anyone who can offer paid help with my Rev2 kit Inverter - testing etc.,in UK?
The inverter just does not want to run the motor. I have an Enova 90kw motor hooked up to my Rev2 kit. When I first built it, it ran the motor on the bench no trouble. The Motor is now mounted in the car and I performed the same tests, but no luck. Motor shaft turns freely.
I have sine waves on each of the phases, I'm running on around 40vdc and I've just loaded later software 4.?. I've also tried different values for fweak, fslipspnt and boost. I've also tested the motor for continuity, shorts etc.
I'm out of ideas now after 2 years ! If anyone can help please PM me. Many thanks
Bigpie

Re: HELP Please - need (paid) assistance Rev2 Inverter UK

Post by Bigpie »

VW Beetle 2003
Outlander front generator
Prius Gen 3 inverter (EVBMW logic board)
Outlander charger
3x Golf GTE batteries
Chademo Charging
Outlander water heater
Esbro

Post by Esbro »

Thanks, will give it a go
MattsAwesomeStuff

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

My sympathies and do post what caused it when you figure it out. Always curious for closure.
Esbro

Post by Esbro »

Yes I will. May take some time though :(
Colin

Post by Colin »

Hi,
If you are still on the lookout for someone, I would be glad to help you out as what you are wanting done is within my skillset
You can reach out to me on my email here
Colin
Esbro

Post by Esbro »

Hi again everyone, and thanks BigPie for the recommendation. I booked time with Janosch - what a nice, helpful and knowledgeable chap.
Unfortunately, we were unable to come up with a solution, this time. I have however, come up with what might be either another problem or the beginning of a solution. When scoping the waves from the outputs of the inverter/driver boards the scope gives me a max voltage reading for the trace - bit of a shock here. I was expecting around 5v from the inverter and 9v/15v from the driver board- what I get is much higher than any of these (~16v and ~36v/39v) Maybe I'm not using the scope correctly. ? If the readings are right my guess is that the IGBTs are shot. what do you think? ..... Steve
Esbro

Post by Esbro »

Hi everyone, since my last post I've been going over how I do the scoping thing and I've discovered, to my shame, that I'd overlooked a basic matter of checking the ground connection And the x-ing factor. It seems my ground was not connected to where I thought it was and I was running on X10.
The trace is still squarish waves, but the voltage output from the inverter is +/- 1.8v . Does anyone know what the voltage should be as this looks a little low to me. params - start 2. fslipspnt 10, ampnom 100. Just basic test settings..... Steve