Inverter doesn't run motor

Esbro

Inverter doesn't run motor

Post by Esbro »

Hi Everyone, I have a small problem with my Rev2 Inverter. 5 years ago, after building the kit, it would run the (Enova) motor ok on basic tests. The motor has been fitted in the car for a while now, but I cannot get it to run. Nothing obvious (to me) has changed. Has anyone got any Ideas??
The motor turns freely by hand ( or at least by screwdriver through a hole). I'm using 39v from batteries via a 15A fuse, to test.
Checking waveforms, I get more of a triangle form at the gate driver input (see pic) and (to me) a peculiar form on each of the phases to the motor.
All my readings/waves are the same for all of the 3 inputs/outputs. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for Any ideas.
Attachments
Phase waveform
Phase waveform
Input to gate driver
Input to gate driver
Esbro

Re: Inverter doesn't run motor

Post by Esbro »

These are the latest waves - fweak 10, fslipspnt 10, ampnom100 voltage and freq can be seen on lower screen.

Any ideas yet ?? gotta get this working cos my "better" half keeps telling me to buy a proper one :lol:
Attachments
phase_wf.jpeg
driver inp.jpeg
crasbe

Post by crasbe »

Damien had problems with the Enova motors where the resolvers got lose and I think the cable was either unshielded or the shielding was attached somewhere where it would pick up noise from the inverter.

There are some videos from him about the topic, you should find them when searching for "Enova" on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Evbmw/search?query=enova

Other than that: Is the gate driver voltage the signal from the Open Inverter board to the gate drivers or the output of the gate drivers to the power transistors of the inverter?

In every case the high and low voltages should remain pretty much constant and not have that "secondary waveform".
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Without knowing parameters we can only guess. I suppose boost/fweak must be changed to match the low voltage
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
Esbro

Post by Esbro »

My abject apologies for not answering your posts. Family emergencies forced me to drop out of the loop for a while, then I forgot all about the project/forum for a bit.
I've just been sifting through my old posts to check where I was up to and I found this. Sorry again.