Direction rocker switch (F-N-R) for Zombieverter wiring?

ScythianNite

Direction rocker switch (F-N-R) for Zombieverter wiring?

Post by ScythianNite »

I hope this is the correct place to ask this information, but I am currently looking at control options for direction for zombieverter, and I see that there are options for both momentary switches and rocker switches. Additionally, I was wondering how ZV finds neutral, as I only see inputs for Forward and Reverse Direction on the pinouts.
MattsAwesomeStuff

Re: Direction rocker switch (F-N-R) for Zombieverter wiring?

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

I think Snowdog used a PRND from a Honda Odyssey.

Just the middle part pops out. Maybe that'd be useful to you?
royhen99

Post by royhen99 »

If both forward and reverse selected, or neither are selected then in neutral. A rocker switch would need a centre position, that can either ground fwd and rev or leave open ( they are pulled down on the board ). A neutral push button would need a couple of diodes to either pull down or up both inputs.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

royhen99 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:00 am If both forward and reverse selected, or neither are selected then in neutral. A rocker switch would need a centre position, that can either ground fwd and rev or leave open ( they are pulled down on the board ). A neutral push button would need a couple of diodes to either pull down or up both inputs.
Heh :)
Here you can see how i used one tractor direction lights indicator from a hardware store and i add two LEDs.
- In Neutral N means that neither of inputs is active and no LEDs are lit.
- For FWD one 12V input is active and one green LED is active.
- For REV the rear 12V input is active and amber LED is active.

There are several terminals on that selector which you could use for signaling direction to other devices, for example turning on the rear lights.
Or there was a push button option where you can press down on the knob to activate horn contact. This could be used as addition safety feature with direction change. Later on i will add stickers saying N, FWD and REV for MOT.
Other switch i use to turn on heater and the pump. I love the signal LED on the rim :).

The cover is cut from 4mm transparent plexi plate where i sand the underside and spray paint it black. This makes the top gloss black and additionaly color cant be damaged on top.
Attachments
20231228_165428.jpg
20231228_165439.jpg
ScythianNite

Post by ScythianNite »

thank you all! I do have a gear selector from a polestar 2, as well as its harness, but I'd need to figure out its CAN messages as well as its pinouts and I haven't had luck with that.

@mattsawesomestuff, I remember watching that video and I had considered that option early on, but wanted something to fill the gap of the removed shifter.

@Royhen99, that is the logic I needed to confirm, thank you for verifying.

@Arber333, That's exactly what I was trying to find, thank you for sharing!

I more or less have an Idea on how this works, so I will work on something for bench testing and resubmit on this thread.