Suspension changes require iva???

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
Huskte

Suspension changes require iva???

Post by Huskte »

I’m a little confused (as it seems is everyone else) on the wording regarding whether or not a vehicle is qregged and requires an IVA

I understand i should avoid cutting and welding like the plague, and then will be above 8 points after motor swap, new axles, and transmission swap.

Alas where i’m lost is what constitutes suspension modification?, does it have to be original oem parts? can it be swapped to coilovers? or does it just mean it has to remain the same system of suspension?

All of it seems very vague, and if i make one wrong move then i’ll be on the hook for a multi thousand pound IVA

Any help is greatly appreciated :).
Jacobsmess

Re: Suspension changes require iva???

Post by Jacobsmess »

I'd assume any modification to the suspension from the stock setup would be considered a modification. It's up to the DVLA to decide what is considered a modification but I'd be surprised if they actually knew what the stock setup was anyway and so would likely only be going off of what you told them.
andybpowell

Post by andybpowell »

Anything not OEM spec is a modification but it's very unlikely that they would be able to tell the difference between standard and OEM type uprated suspension as long as it's not too obvious but coilovers are obvious
Huskte

Post by Huskte »

Jacobsmess wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:58 am I'd assume any modification to the suspension from the stock setup would be considered a modification. It's up to the DVLA to decide what is considered a modification but I'd be surprised if they actually knew what the stock setup was anyway and so would likely only be going off of what you told them.
fair enough
Huskte

Post by Huskte »

andybpowell wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:43 am Anything not OEM spec is a modification but it's very unlikely that they would be able to tell the difference between standard and OEM type uprated suspension as long as it's not too obvious but coilovers are obvious
yeah, rather safe than sorry