No Parameters appearing in web interface

Discussion about various user interfaces such as web interface, displays and apps
lbblue

No Parameters appearing in web interface

Post by lbblue »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the web interface.
I am able to connect to the module and access the web interface but I am unable to adjust or access any parameters.
I have loaded parameters from the parameter database but nothing seems to change. I am also unable to start or stop the inverter.

Has anyone else on here experienced this or a similar issue?
uhi22

Re: No Parameters appearing in web interface

Post by uhi22 »

I fighed today with the same topic, and recorded my lessons here: https://github.com/jsphuebner/esp32-web ... d5626794a3
I'm not an expert of this topic, but what I learned
- check whether you use the CAN variant or the serial variant of the web interface.
- check whether the ESP is transmitting something (on CAN in my case) if you click the up / down arrows of the nodeID in the webinterface.
- check whether you have selected the correct nodeID
- check whether your main controller is running and responding to the requests
lbblue

Post by lbblue »

Thanks for your reply and sharing the link to the Github.

We will go through the checks you have suggested and will update here what our problem ends up being and what fix we figure out.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Holidays and sickness tend to get grouped together.
lbblue

Post by lbblue »

uhi22 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:56 pm I fighed today with the same topic, and recorded my lessons here: https://github.com/jsphuebner/esp32-web ... d5626794a3
I'm not an expert of this topic, but what I learned
- check whether you use the CAN variant or the serial variant of the web interface.
- check whether the ESP is transmitting something (on CAN in my case) if you click the up / down arrows of the nodeID in the webinterface.
- check whether you have selected the correct nodeID
- check whether your main controller is running and responding to the requests
Hi,

Troubleshooting today and we have cleared up one issue to do with our input voltage causing connection issues.

I have a couple of questions relating to the troubleshooting checks you suggested.

- How do I change the node ID if the up/down arrows you mentioned are not present in the web interface?

- How do I confirm telemetry is getting to the board from the wifi module?

I should have specified earlier we are using a prius gen 2 through hole board for our application.
uhi22

Post by uhi22 »

Do you have the input box for the node ID? You can write the number there and press enter.
To confirm the traffic, the best would be to look on the CAN bus, using SavvyCAN or an other CAN tool. Also checking the CAN physical layer makes sense. When nothing is powered, use a multimeter to check the resistance between CANH and CANL, should be in range of 50 to 200ohms. If you have a scope or logic analyzer, you could look whether there is traffic on the CAN lines.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

How does the module connect to the stm32? CAN or UART?

Please send a photo of your setup and a screenshot
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9