Zombie verter help on soldering

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
Nobby

Zombie verter help on soldering

Post by Nobby »

Hi All
I’m after some help after purchasing a zombie verter board new unused complete.
kit I received it today to find some flaky looking soldering. I was wondering as I’m not confident on something that small is there Anybody on this forum who is prepared to have a look and redo as necessary, Your help would be much appreciated as I’m slowly, but surely amassing parts to convert my E28 Bmw. I’m live at Riegate Surrey I’m willing to drive a bit or can send it out not looking for freebie. Thanks Nobby
Attachments
IMG_8241.jpeg
IMG_8239.jpeg
IMG_8240.jpeg
Jacobsmess

Re: Zombie verter help on soldering

Post by Jacobsmess »

I would start off by starting it and seeing if it works, the mess around it could just be flux from the photos. Soldering the through hole pins is very easy, if you aren't confident most phone repair shops should be able to help you.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

i can do the plug pins no problem, it was that the little chips looked rough. it powers up 1 red light, 1 flashing light, ive not gone any further yet.
Jacobsmess

Post by Jacobsmess »

That sounds right. When powered you should get WiFi (unless you still need to flash the WiFi firmware). Once connected to the WiFi network you'll access the web interface by going to 192.168.4.1 as the URL.