Driving Toyota G1280 with Hall sensors

Driving Toyota G1280 with Hall sensors

Post by 72881 »

Hi all! Thanks for such an amazing project. I am getting started my mild hybrid ICE vehicle conversion. Got some success running stm32-sine software with DIY inverter interface board.
Motor: Toyota G1280-30011 Hybrid vehicle starter-generator from Toyota Crown 2JZ-FSE
Inverter: Toyota G9200 series NHP10 Inverter
Control board: DIY using STM32F103C8T6 MCU running stm32-sine software

This motor has 2 interface connectors
1. 6 pin with 3 Hall effect sensors and Temp sensor
2. 3 pin with 2 used. Got 6 Ohm and about 0.1mH reading on it. Some low voltage is generated during rotation.

I've connected Hall sensors as AB encoder ( I know that they are different and it shouldn't work) and got almost nothing. In single mode I managed to get pretty good rotation, but almost no torque on start. Tuned boost and fslip to get soild start ( no load) and want to move on to use this motor as intended by OEM( Starter-generator).
I've seen on this forum thread about use of electric scooter hub motor with hall rotor position sensor and there was reply about code that can make it possible. viewtopic.php?t=1907 I've tried to read halls and calculate angle to push into angle variable in software, got rpm display, but no actual control or rotor angle reading. Many thanks for the reply.