(driving) Leaf swapped vw golf cabriolet

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
Bratitude

Re: (Wip)Leaf swapped vw golf cabriolet

Post by Bratitude »

The guys are stoked! We burnt some rubber today
IMG_2150.jpeg
There’s no noticeable torque steer, takes off like a rocket, steering is nice and light. Needs stiffer springs In the rear as it dose run, we put lowering springs in the front.

Pretty much no power in reverse, it’s un usable.
I’ll have to do a savvy can dump and see if there’s any missing messages ?
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components
DanLynch

Post by DanLynch »

Firstly I just want to say I really appreciate the documentation you're doing and demystifying of the conversion process.

I've been keeping an eye on this and the new 720 build you have going on and was just wondering that no mention of BMS's/BMS Controllers has been made, maybe I'm showing my ignorance a bit but is the Zombie capable of controlling the OEM BMS of the Smart and Chevy purely standalone?

Sorry to clutter this clean build thread,
Thanks Dan
Bratitude

Post by Bratitude »

DanLynch wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:20 pm no mention of BMS's/BMS Controllers has been made, maybe I'm showing my ignorance a bit but is the Zombie capable of controlling the OEM BMS of the Smart and Chevy purely standalone?
have yet to get to the bms stage for the VW, focusing on getting wiring and mounts all tidied up. and getting charging, regen, and reverse working.

then going to deep dive into the bms.

The 720 is using a volt pack currently, I just have a teensy running the volt Simpbms code. there is a fork that runs on a due as teensy 3.2 are no longer in production.
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components
Bratitude

Post by Bratitude »

Quick test drive
m.art.y

Post by m.art.y »

Bratitude wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:11 pm bottom cradle is mostly done.
Links from the body mount near the driver side lower controller arm bushing, to the beam spanning across the front.
Then the gearbox bushing bolts to the cradle.
Does the crade mount to the existing mounting points? No new holes need to be drilled? Do you have more photos? Not visible how it is attached to the front beam? 😊
Bratitude

Post by Bratitude »

m.art.y wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:24 pm Does the crade mount to the existing mounting points? No new holes need to be drilled? Do you have more photos? Not visible how it is attached to the front beam? 😊
no new holes :) all stock pickup points. could revert to the orginal car if wanted :)

cradle goes from the mounter mount point under the body, to a pickup point on the front beam. and 2 mounts matting to the original mount mount points on ether side of the engine bay
themoe

Re: (driving) Leaf swapped vw golf cabriolet

Post by themoe »

When can I buy an early production prototype???? Lol
I wish I was somewhere close with my battery and gauge cluster design to be close to wanting to install a motor.