In need of basic instructions to access Zombieverter

FieroJam

In need of basic instructions to access Zombieverter

Post by FieroJam »

I will have to apologize upfront. I've been watching and re-watching Damien's Youtube Zombie videos, along with combing this support site and the wikis, but it doesn't seem to answer a very basic thing that I need help with. That is, how in the hell do I even access the Zombie via the web interface?

I purchased one from Damien and I have it all the components soldered in. It has the later (Wemos D1 Mini Wi-Fi) on it.

I'm not super skilled or knowledgeable about the whole Andrino code thing. But I'm in need of some very basic step-by-step instructions on how to find the Wemos (maybe it isn't programed but assumed it was pre-programed by Damien) and what is the IP address I need to use to get in?

I have no clue. The board is great and lights up like it suppose to do. The Wemos light momentarily flashes when I turn on the power supply. But that is how far I'm at. Just need to know how to access it through the web interface and I don't know where to begin.

Many thanks,
royhen99

Re: In need of basic instructions to access Zombieverter

Post by royhen99 »

Assuming you are connecting to your home network then you need to get the IP addess asigned by the WI-FI router. Then type the IP address into address bar of a web browser ( for example mine is 192.168.1.80). If Zombieverter is acting as an access point the IP address is 192.168.4.1. Instruction do not seem to be in the wiki but the readme here explains better than I can. https://github.com/jsphuebner/esp8266-web-interface