LMDh Race Car

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
muehlpower

LMDh Race Car

Post by muehlpower »

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with a conversion. For business (I'm self-employed) I have the task of building an electric chassis for a fake LMDh racing car. It is to be used for advertising purposes. For this I bought a Post Car (Streetscooter) and took over most of the EV components. ABS, power steering, brake booster, lighting, window regulators, air bags, seat belts, central locking and electric mirrors were not installed. To make the Power Control Unit happy I simulate the ABS and power steering using an Arduino. I have no error messages when switching on the ignition and the car can be started and shifted into gear, but if I drive faster than 6km/h I get an engine malfunction and the car stops. Any ideas?

before and after pictures
Streescooter.png
Attachments
963.png
Ev8

Re: LMDh Race Car

Post by Ev8 »

Most abs modules kick out wheel speeds over can, are you replicating a changing wheel speed or just a fixed value, I can imagine a well integrated system might have issues if it is expecting to see wheel speed rising and doesn’t l. Purely a guess based on the little information
muehlpower

Post by muehlpower »

I read the engine RPM that the PCU outputs, calculate the appropriate speed and return it with the IDs from the ABS. The individual wheel speeds and a vehicle speed are sent, as well as a live counter and a CRC. Vehicle speed also appears on the speedometer. I can drive as fast as I want as long the displayed vehicle speed is below 5km/h. It also doesn't matter that I send the real value for the individual wheel speeds.

Example 1: individual wheel speeds real, vehicle speed = 0 => Car runs 100km/h without any problem, speedometer shows 0
Example 2: individual wheel speeds = 0, vehicle speed real => Error when reaching 6km/h, speedometer shows 6km/h
Example 3: individual wheel speeds fixed at 3km/h, vehicle speed real => Gear cannot be engaged.

Incorrect CRC or counter => error message on the display
Ev8

Post by Ev8 »

So how about using example 1, as I seems to keep the controller happy, and then putting the display on a different can bus to which you can send the vehicle speed messages and you can also pass on any other messages the dash is expecting from the controller can bus …? A bit of a work around but should give you what you need
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

6km/h? I think the central locking system?

They might auto lock the doors right? So maybe that message of doors closed need tobe present?
Converting an Porsche Panamera
see http://www.wdrautomatisering.nl for bespoke BMS modules.