OVERCURRENT error after a day of normal operation

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
ekohn04

OVERCURRENT error after a day of normal operation

Post by ekohn04 »

Hey everyone, I've encountered an OVERCURRENT error after two days of operation with only encoder issues. I had the motor clunking/jerking spinning two hours ago, and was researching encoder fixes. I came across a video that showed an encoder wired with the 5v and ground opposite to how I had it wired. I flipped these and had a slightly better pedal response, still the same encoder issues. After this I packed everything up and went inside. I then learned how to flip my encoder mode from AB to single, and hooked everything back up to test that out. I changed this setting and there was no response from my pedal. After this I changed the setting back, and the exact setup that had produced a clunky spin no longer worked. I looked in my spot values and lasterr is giving an OVERCURRENT error. This happens whenever there is any pedal input or if I enter values for fslipspnt and ampnom. I uploaded original parameters and I am having the same issue. I have not had an OVERCURRENT error until now. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts as I feel like taking my drive unit and throwing it in the ocean right now.

EDIT: I am just using 25v. I have not pushed the motor past this.
uhi22

Re: OVERCURRENT error after a day of normal operation

Post by uhi22 »

There is a nice video from Damien which shows how to test the power stage, and explains why they die.