Zombieverter and Tesla

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
gigawatts

Zombieverter and Tesla

Post by gigawatts »

Hey guys, it looks like the current Zombieverter features don’t include anything Tesla besides possibly sending CAN throttle messages to an openinverter board inside a Tesla inverter.

I believe the 3/Y PCS controller is just sending CAN to activate charging and dc/dc, so it would make sense to include that functionaly in the Zombieverter VCU.

My build is a model S front SDU with open inverter board, complete model 3 battery with PCS and a yet determined rear motor, most likely a model 3 motor. The ultimate control system would be using the Zombieverter VCU for all vehicle control: dc/dc, charging, contactor control, NACS fast charging, BMS, model 3 motor control, throttle messages to 2nd drive unit with open inverter board, and dashboard control.

Is it possible to use the Zombieverter to control the 3/Y PCS, and it just hasent been worked on / developed yet? Im trying to figure out if I should get a Zombieverter to control the PCS or if I will have to get the current specific PCS controller anyway.
mextavour

Re: Zombieverter and Tesla

Post by mextavour »

Curious how things are coming along, and whether you're still using or planning on using openinverter logic board for SDU and the zombie VCU together?
johu
Site Admin

Re: Zombieverter and Tesla

Post by johu »

gigawatts wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:59 pm Is it possible to use the Zombieverter to control the 3/Y PCS, and it just hasent been worked on / developed yet? Im trying to figure out if I should get a Zombieverter to control the PCS or if I will have to get the current specific PCS controller anyway.
A couple of discrete signals need to be served in sync with the CAN messages and I'm not sure if ZombieVerter has sufficient IO lines for that. Maybe people more knowledgeable about this can chime in
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9