Run GS450H Oil pump linear to rpm

Topics concerning the Toyota and Lexus inverter drop in boards
Jackk

Run GS450H Oil pump linear to rpm

Post by Jackk »

Is it atall possible to cycle the oil pump pwm output to increase linear with rpm?

Has anybody achieved this? It seems pointless to have the oil pump running whilst stuck in traffic. Mine is fairly noisy. Currently set to 30%. (Running zombieverter)

Any ideas would be great... I guess the vcu has all the information it needs to command this. Just needs implementing but I do not know where to start?

Thanks in advance
royhen99

Re: Run GS450H Oil pump linear to rpm

Post by royhen99 »

It may be a simple as modifying the code in GS450.cpp
from

Code: Select all

if (Param::GetInt(Param::opmode) == MOD_RUN) Lexus_Oil2 = Param::GetInt(Param::OilPump);
to

Code: Select all

if (Param::GetInt(Param::opmode) == MOD_RUN) Lexus_Oil2 = Param::GetInt(Param::speed)/140;
This would set the pump at 100% at 14000rpm. This could be scaled as needed and a minimum set if required.

I am busy trying to modify code for my own application and failing so not the best person to advise on this, but maybe it will promt a comment from someone who knows a bit more about it.
Aragorn

Re: Run GS450H Oil pump linear to rpm

Post by Aragorn »

i suspect the issue is you want to avoid clutch slip when moving off...

If you are stationary, the pump is off and the clutch is disengaged, i envisage that you'd press the throttle, the MG2 will accellerate rapidly because its uncoupled, then the pump will start and pressurise the clutch and have to capture the overspeed, which will be hard on the clutch and potentially jerky.

Additionally, you probably want constant clamping pressure thru the peak torque region, the clutch is holding gearbox torque, it doesnt really care about speed that much? Adjusting pressure based on torque demand is more like what a factory autobox would do.