US - Colorado area EV Conversion companies

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
mdrobnak

US - Colorado area EV Conversion companies

Post by mdrobnak »

Hey all. Long time no chat. I've moved to the Denver area (in Loveland, CO, actually) - trying to find an EV conversion place that can help me do the battery box design and the actual conversion. As some of you remember, I'm definitely more a software guy than hands on haha. I'm buying a house soon and hope in the next 6 months to get back into helping some more again.

Long story short is that the M3 is gone, I got a good deal on getting rid of it.

I still have my 2004 BMW 330, but frankly if I can't find anywhere to help with the conversion I'm going to get rid of it. Still very happy with my Tesla Model 3, and I barely drive the 330. :( So I'd like to keep it, but if it's impractical..then it's going to have to go. I'm probably going to bring it to Carmax after I put the stock O2 sensors back in and see what they'd give me for it.

Hopefully someone has some ideas other than ElectroMod garage, which I didn't have a good interaction with on the phone, and Iconic EV has yet to return my phone calls or web forms...

Thanks for any help,
-Matt
P.S.Mangelsdorf

Re: US - Colorado area EV Conversion companies

Post by P.S.Mangelsdorf »

What were your specific plans for the 330? Do you already have components?
If at first you don't succeed, buy a bigger hammer.

1940 Chevrolet w/ Tesla LDU - "Shocking Chevy" - Completed 2023 Hot Rod Drag Week
mdrobnak

Post by mdrobnak »

It was all in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=714&start=125

I have certain pieces, but no motor or batteries. Trying to find someone to build a battery box was much more challenging than I imagined.

On the flip side, me and the bf got rid of all of our gas vehicles - we just have my Tesla Model 3 Performance, and I bought a used 2019 Model X Dual Motor with Ludicrous. :-D

Anyway, I should have some more time in the future to work on the VCU software again and other fun things like that, so I should be on here a bit more often again soon.

-Matt
P.S.Mangelsdorf

Post by P.S.Mangelsdorf »

I was trying to think of a way for me to help and maybe trade welding help for software help (as I am decent at the hands on part and not at the software), but short of shipping the car to North Carolina, I don't think that works. Too bad I turned down a job in Denver last year..

I knew of a couple of DIY guys in CO, but they have seemingly gone inactive.

You might have some luck working with a traditional fabrication shop, especially if you could give them dimensions on the batteries you want to use, so they don't have to actually interact with them. At the end of the day motor mounts are motor mounts, and building a box to a spec shouldn't be that out of character for a decent shop.
If at first you don't succeed, buy a bigger hammer.

1940 Chevrolet w/ Tesla LDU - "Shocking Chevy" - Completed 2023 Hot Rod Drag Week
mdrobnak

Post by mdrobnak »

Ah, it's too late - it's gone at this point. I do appreciate the thought though!

-Matt