Lotus Elite + GS450H [WIP]

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
marcexec

Re: Lotus Elite + GS450H [WIP]

Post by marcexec »

Well, since you have a "working" (as it turns on) car, there's probably not much harm to try to get CAN logs at various points.
My preference would be to work towards a SimpBMS clone, maybe on ESP32, but with the right CAN messages you could maybe transplant the VCU if that was your plan?
If you get really stuck you can sell the 10S/14S modules (https://evshop.eu/en/batteries/299-kia- ... -pack.html) on as solar storage etc. Or get the car going with a BMW PHEV pack in the short term while you work on this.
A motorcyclist is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Getting started guide for Celeron55's iPDM56
My Suzuki RF400 build @ES
Honda IMA & Lebowski howto
GreenElite

Re: Lotus Elite + GS450H [WIP]

Post by GreenElite »

So. A quick update. Not much has happened with the Lotus side of this project but there is some regarding the Kia Soul ev donor car. The Soul had a catastrophic gearbox failure, hence it was sold for spares, but was otherwise in quite good condition!
I found a second hand gearbox for it and fitted it in the driveway one afternoon!! It now drives but is going into the dreaded turtle mode under any sort of load. There appears to be 1 very bad cell and a few others in poor condition causing this. I was able to figure this out using SoulEV Spy app diagnostics.
Any suggestions on how to repair the dude cells ???
The thoughts are either get this fixed so I know I have a good battery for the Lotus project OR sell the Soul as a good runner and buy more adaptable parts that are already reverse engineered for conversion!!