Chademo Leaf PDM & Zombieverter!

cloudy

Re: Chademo Leaf PDM & Zombieverter!

Post by cloudy »

Do you have the 12v to the PDM switched via the VCU controlled relay? Describing the same symptom as when you wake the PDM ign line before precharge. If it helps I can confirm AC charging is working fine on v2
VWJoe

Post by VWJoe »

joeflickers wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:00 am Hi,
On version 1.08A all is working fine, Using Ext_Digi to start the charging. Main contactors shut and relay in the PDM makes and AC charging commences. (I'm using Ext_Digi to start charging as I have found the auto method upset the next T15/ Starter starting process).

Uploaded 1.11A and without changing any settings and running the same process, the main contactors shut, but the PDM relay does not make, so charing does not start. Opmode reads Charging and Chgtyp reads AC.
hi,im strugling to get the AC charging to work with zombie vcu running v2.00 firmware and 3.6kw leaf charger,the the j1772 socket is recognised and the DC-DC kicks in ging 14volts to the battery but i get no charging,im using an 96s leaf battery pack with an orion bms
[/quote]

Hi Joe,

Running a Gen 2 pack with Ver 2.00A. Using a Type 2 connector. They was a problem with 1.08 and I think 1.11 with the Leaf DM not getting all of the Can messages it required. Corrected in 2.00A.

Make sure the Permanent and switch 12 volts are correct and on, as the motor can run without all of them connected but the PDM will not work. Also have a look at the mode selection for the charging method in the parameters as the numbering was changed on ver 2.00A
joeflickers

Post by joeflickers »

VWJoe wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:01 pm hi,im strugling to get the AC charging to work with zombie vcu running v2.00 firmware and 3.6kw leaf charger,the the j1772 socket is recognised and the DC-DC kicks in ging 14volts to the battery but i get no charging,im using an 96s leaf battery pack with an orion bms
Hi Joe,

Running a Gen 2 pack with Ver 2.00A. Using a Type 2 connector. They was a problem with 1.08 and I think 1.11 with the Leaf DM not getting all of the Can messages it required. Corrected in 2.00A.

Make sure the Permanent and switch 12 volts are correct and on, as the motor can run without all of them connected but the PDM will not work. Also have a look at the mode selection for the charging method in the parameters as the numbering was changed on ver 2.00A
[/quote]
Thanks for the response, are you able to share with me your screenshot settings, the pdm I have is from a 2013 leaf, I'm struggling to know if it's compatible with the zombie or not... When I power the pdm with 12 volts it transmitts CAN-Bus (0*390. 0*393.and 0*678) but, the evse from the original leaf charger clicks and turns led to charging mode, but I don't hear the internal relay of the leaf pdm click5and aslo get no charging of the high voltage pack..
VWJoe

Post by VWJoe »

joeflickers wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:42 pm
Thanks for the response, are you able to share with me your screenshot settings, the pdm I have is from a 2013 leaf, I'm struggling to know if it's compatible with the zombie or not... When I power the pdm with 12 volts it transmitts CAN-Bus (0*390. 0*393.and 0*678) but, the evse from the original leaf charger clicks and turns led to charging mode, but I don't hear the internal relay of the leaf pdm click5and aslo get no charging of the high voltage pack..
Hi,
2013 is the crossover year from Gen 1 to Gen 2, Zombieverter only works with Gen 2 I believe, maybe ask the question in the Nissan section to see what should be sent to the PDM and what comes out.

I will try to send you the screenshot tomorrow, but time is short at the moment.
VWJoe

Post by VWJoe »

joeflickers wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:42 pm
Thanks for the response, are you able to share with me your screenshot settings
Here is the charging para screenshot.
Screenshot 2023-07-12 192355.png
joeflickers

Post by joeflickers »

VWJoe wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:25 pm Here is the charging para screenshot.Screenshot 2023-07-12 192355.png
Thanks a lot Joe..
peterdiffey

Post by peterdiffey »

Hi,

is the bin file available, I cannot find one in the Git repo?
Pete
peterdiffey

Post by peterdiffey »

Pete