Learning about stm32

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
Ev8

Learning about stm32

Post by Ev8 »

Ok so I’m a mechanic in not an electrical engineer or a software developer, but I have my electric car on the road daily and have done everything myself including making my own Prius gen2 DC motor driver board based around the teensy platform and am very happy using the arduino IDE to develop my code,

But I’d like to get into learning to build and compile code for the stm32 so I can make use of some open inverter goodness, however I don’t even know where to start, in arduino IDE I can just select hardware and hit complie, with stm it’s all command line tool chains and make sure the makefile and dependents are in a certain folder etc, anyway it’s got me feeling very stupid,

I’m not asking anyone to teach me but any suggestions on where to go look at on the internet to start learning the basics would be greatly appreciated I’ve got a couple of basic stm dev boards on the way to play with so I’m hoping I’m up to a new learning curve
rstevens81

Re: Learning about stm32

Post by rstevens81 »

Have you read this?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1255

I'm in the same boat with the stm32 programming, know I need to do it haven't motivated myself yet 🤪
Rule 1 of EV Club is don't buy a rust bucket....
Which rule does everyone forget 🤪
Ev8

Re: Learning about stm32

Post by Ev8 »

Thanks for that I’ll check it out