Lexus CT200h / Prius 3rd gen inverter questions

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
trunks9us

Lexus CT200h / Prius 3rd gen inverter questions

Post by trunks9us »

I originally emailed this at evbmw but was forwarded a auto email to post it on this forum for help.

Hello so I own a 2016 Lexus CT200h fsport and what I am trying to achieve is something a little bit different than what most other people are doing on the open source forums.

Let me explain I am building a really loud sound quality system it will be over 500amps regardless I am not always playing it on full tilt but I am actually walking off my back seats putting a 24 inch sub. Everything I’ll be running will be a maximum of I am guessing here about 7k rms. Of course I won’t always be playing that loud. I am spending over 20k doing most of the work myself it’s a 2 year project give or take. I will be using extra lithium batteries as well from xs power they make good one and I really don’t want to build my own li4o lithium cells I have my reasons car insurance wise.

So I had a few questions I just read that you are mov Ng and won’t be up and running again for a year and that’s fine I can wait as I have plenty of other things I am working on right now for it.

I saw that you do a full and a partial but it looks like the full was taken down I assume because of the move. I just found your website a few days ago and eventually I would want to be able to put out max amps to the hybrid battery and the 12v battery. You see what I have learned is the more amps and watts I am pulling I’ve literally watched as my bass notes hits my lcd controller voltage display hooked up to my amps dip hard then I watch my mpg dip hard I tested is multiple times resetting it. So I know it’s pulling from both.

I am going to be running 4/0 gauge wire yes that huge wire because I am not gonna have any issue with power. Ill be using your spacers I saw in there as well.

My questions though is I can’t solder at all and I pretty with electronics and computers python and scripts I saw on your GitHub. I can learn all that. I don’t know what your complete kit entails if it is just a swap out or if I still need to do some soldering? I will eventually get with you more when it gets closer about some of the other areas in the inverter and the motors about upgrading those wires sizes as well but right now I just want to stick with this so I understand what I am getting into. I will have to have this done as my system will need the amps.

Lmk if you have any questions I am definitely happy to see you came out with these
Dilbert

Re: Lexus CT200h / Prius 3rd gen inverter questions

Post by Dilbert »

trunks9us wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:55 pm I originally emailed this at evbmw but was forwarded a auto email to post it on this forum for help.

Hello so I own a 2016 Lexus CT200h fsport and what I am trying to achieve is something a little bit different than what most other people are doing on the open source forums.

Let me explain I am building a really loud sound quality system it will be over 500amps regardless I am not always playing it on full tilt but I am actually walking off my back seats putting a 24 inch sub. Everything I’ll be running will be a maximum of I am guessing here about 7k rms. Of course I won’t always be playing that loud. I am spending over 20k doing most of the work myself it’s a 2 year project give or take. I will be using extra lithium batteries as well from xs power they make good one and I really don’t want to build my own li4o lithium cells I have my reasons car insurance wise.

So I had a few questions I just read that you are mov Ng and won’t be up and running again for a year and that’s fine I can wait as I have plenty of other things I am working on right now for it.

I saw that you do a full and a partial but it looks like the full was taken down I assume because of the move. I just found your website a few days ago and eventually I would want to be able to put out max amps to the hybrid battery and the 12v battery. You see what I have learned is the more amps and watts I am pulling I’ve literally watched as my bass notes hits my lcd controller voltage display hooked up to my amps dip hard then I watch my mpg dip hard I tested is multiple times resetting it. So I know it’s pulling from both.

I am going to be running 4/0 gauge wire yes that huge wire because I am not gonna have any issue with power. Ill be using your spacers I saw in there as well.

My questions though is I can’t solder at all and I pretty with electronics and computers python and scripts I saw on your GitHub. I can learn all that. I don’t know what your complete kit entails if it is just a swap out or if I still need to do some soldering? I will eventually get with you more when it gets closer about some of the other areas in the inverter and the motors about upgrading those wires sizes as well but right now I just want to stick with this so I understand what I am getting into. I will have to have this done as my system will need the amps.

Lmk if you have any questions I am definitely happy to see you came out with these
It’s not clear what you want to do, post a diagram of your setup
arber333

Post by arber333 »

trunks9us wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:55 pm I originally emailed this at evbmw but was forwarded a auto email to post it on this forum for help.
Are you trying to run a car or audio system?
Are you by chance want to expand your battery?
MattsAwesomeStuff

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

Just so you understand clearly...

These forums are not EVBMW's forums (that doesn't exist). These forums are just a place for DIY EV enthusiasts to hang out, especially open source enthusiasts, hence how it's hosted by Johannes of OpenInverter. Damien from EVBMW is one of the biggest contributors to the community. Yes, he is quite busy and yes he is moving at some point this year and is trying to tie up loose ends, and he does not have the time (or perhaps the interest) in being one-on-one tech support for everyone who inquires. But he does love people making stuff and sharing it.

So yes this is a good place to post about and discuss your project. But it's just a community.
trunks9us

Post by trunks9us »

MattsAwesomeStuff wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:22 am Just so you understand clearly...

These forums are not EVBMW's forums (that doesn't exist). These forums are just a place for DIY EV enthusiasts to hang out, especially open source enthusiasts, hence how it's hosted by Johannes of OpenInverter. Damien from EVBMW is one of the biggest contributors to the community. Yes, he is quite busy and yes he is moving at some point this year and is trying to tie up loose ends, and he does not have the time (or perhaps the interest) in being one-on-one tech support for everyone who inquires. But he does love people making stuff and sharing it.

So yes this is a good place to post about and discuss your project. But it's just a community.

I am trying to build a very high powered audio system but I need to understand what all options both mg1 and mg2 can do to power my stuff working all the time. From what I can gather and read the mg1 Powers the hybrid battery and the mg2 can act as a battery charger. But does the mg2 have something else it can do besides act as a battery charger? My goal is two things here to make sure the hybrid battery gets more volts the. What it is currently getting stock with out sacrifice of messing up the inverter. The audio system pulls from
The hybrid battery currently with my xs power 5100r agm. I will eventually go all lithium with multiple batteries but I am just trying to understand all my options of what the inverter can do at its maximum with out hurting the inverter. I would like the hybrid battery to charger as fast as possible because that is a issue currently and I would like more knowledge about the mg2 options and what is can do as well.
trunks9us

Post by trunks9us »

MattsAwesomeStuff wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:22 am Just so you understand clearly...

I did not realize this I apologize. I am very new to all of this and I have tons of reading to do in general about making custom evs which actually is really cool but right now just looking into answer for my audio system stuff
bexander

Post by bexander »

Do you still want to power the audio system from the 12V system? If so the part that is interesting to increase would be the DC/DC converter, as it supplies power to the 12V system from the high voltage hybrid battery. I think the Toyota inverters are capable of supplying 100A or so on the 12V.
trunks9us

Post by trunks9us »

bexander wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:54 am Do you still want to power the audio system from the 12V system? If so the part that is interesting to increase would be the DC/DC converter, as it supplies power to the 12V system from the high voltage hybrid battery. I think the Toyota inverters are capable of supplying 100A or so on the 12V.
I thought there was a way to up the voltage to the dc/dc converter to output more wattage to the 12v faster then what it does already?

As I also thought that the inverter can send a higher voltage to the hybrid battery as well charging that faster also?

Am I missing something? Because I am planning on getting that Prius dual motor logic board https://www.evbmw.com/index.php/evbmw-w ... c-boardv1d

I am just a little confused of what the point of the dual motor logic board and all the benefits it can provide for me? I thought it was the ability to increase the power of the inverter and to the dc/dc so I can send more power all the time to both and I’m not sure what increasing the voltage to the hybrid battery of how much I could even increase it to.
bexander

Post by bexander »

I don't understand what you want to do.
Can you draw a schematic or a block diagram of what you want to do and how you plan to connect the audio equipment?