ChargeheadsUK Channel & TVR Project

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
ChargeheadsUK

ChargeheadsUK Channel & TVR Project

Post by ChargeheadsUK »

Hi all,

As some may know I started a channel on Youtube along with the social media and website.
ChargeheadsUK. Link here https://youtu.be/ZxQDFkLqzC4

I started the project while on Furlough during Christmas where this new passion for electric conversions & modified electric cars exploded in me. ;)

I am by no means an electric engineer or good with electrics full stop, so taking on my own conversion was never an option. I have worked in the motor trade a long time so my car knowledge is good. However you will find some fantastic engineers and experts on my channel, so I hope I can engage the more technical crowd like yourselves.
With my own project I hope to have a fantastic engineer to help me and make the Chargeheads car a good one, even though its based on a TVR ;0).

The TVR I am basing it on is a modified 350i wedge with 18 owners and no history so nothing the purists can argue I'm spoiling, however I know that won't stop them......there are a few videos on my Channel with the progress so far.

So in summary if you want to see someone who knows F all about engineering, but loves cars, learning about EV conversions from experts and go on a journey to build one. Then look no further!

If you want to get involved I am looking for EV converters and conversions from September onwards to feature on my Channel, so please send me a message on the social's or the website.

I have done a EV conversion safety video which I believe is worth watching, that was orchestrated by Ralph Hosier,.

Thanks for your time.
Turning petrol heads into Chargeheads
LRBen

Re: ChargeheadsUK Channel & TVR Project

Post by LRBen »

If you are ever in the Somerset area give me a shout. By September I hope the conversion will at least be moving around the farm yard. Actually just realised it's July already, but I would like to be pretty close to it by then!
ChargeheadsUK

Post by ChargeheadsUK »

That would be good. What are you converting and whats the spec?
Turning petrol heads into Chargeheads
LRBen

Post by LRBen »

MG F, using an Outlander rear motor(70kW, 190nm) into original gearbox and a gen 2 Prius inverter, with a 15kWh battery pack made up of kokam pouch cells using OI BMS.

The current plan is to get it as close to road worthy as possible in the next month or two before waiting for the chip shortage to end so I can sort out the BMS. Worst case scenario I might just plug in a Prius pack to move around the yard.