VW A/C Compressor

Forum on Volkswagen related hardware, so VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda etc.
muehlpower

Re: VW A/C Compressor

Post by muehlpower »

7yatna wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:56 am i did the same thing but it looks like the control message format for my compressor is a little bit diffrent so no change in the feedback message.

i will take another try at it or i will go tesla can controlled compressor.

thank you for your help on the heater it worked as you mentioned.
Have you tried to send all IDs filled with data and with different lengths with the right checksum?
m.art.y

Post by m.art.y »

muehlpower wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:18 am Have you tried to send all IDs filled with data and with different lengths with the right checksum?
I'm not sure what the pinout is yet 😊 Ideally would be looking to include this heater into the Zombie to expand the range of heaters available.
m.art.y

Post by m.art.y »

What is the power output of the DBK heaters by the way? Does not say on the label.
alexbeatle

Post by alexbeatle »

muehlpower wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:06 pm I found the LIN messages for the water heater. The feedback comes on ID48. Byte 0 is power. 13 for 770W, 26 for 1540W. ID28 is sent for control. Byte 0 is power, last bit of byte 1 starts and stops.

connectors are:
HVA 280 KEY_E from TE +HV near to the body, -HV far from the body
1J0973714 1= +12V , 2= GND, 4= LIN
Sorry a little of topic, but are you aware of any limitations on how this heater can be mounted? I'm looking to mount it horizontally flat.
I so far only found good illustration of these used in audi e-tron and they're mounted like this....
image.png
As an example. Tesla battery heater has mounting orientation limitation as well described by Lars here: https://www.evcreate.com/using-tesla-th ... y%20heater
modellfan

Post by modellfan »

I am wondering the same. Which one is coolant input ? WHich one is coolant output? Which orientiation does it have in the car?
golfdubcrazy

Post by golfdubcrazy »

modellfan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:59 pm I am wondering the same. Which one is coolant input ? WHich one is coolant output? Which orientiation does it have in the car?
Hi, if this is for the HV heater i posted the answer on the correct post below

viewtopic.php?p=69292#p69292

hope that helps :)