Locost Lexus track day car (Loxus/Lexcost?)

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
thornogson

Locost Lexus track day car (Loxus/Lexcost?)

Post by thornogson »

New week , new project ,
I bought a Lexus 210 drive train to experiment with the new dual-motor Yaris board. I've had it turning with a 48v ebike controller to confirm no inner gremlins and then stumbled upon a cheap Robin Hood 2B rolling chassis .. spent a day hacking it about to fit the trans but the more I spent time looking at it the less I liked it (the chassis). it seems like someone was let loose with a cnc tube bender whilst smoking something. listed and sold RH Chassis.

Happily , EBay came up with the goods , a cheap (there's a theme here ) Locost (Haynes) Chassis with panels and a bunch of stuff which has been a track day car in it's ICE days. This is a much nicer thing and about 200kg lighter when built, the Lexus unit looks like it should be there.

Been collecting suspension and running gear and learning more about the L210 to add to the wiki.
locost.jpg
We are all ignorant, just about different things. If y'aint learnin', y'aint livin'
Jack Bauer

Re: Locost Lexus track day car (Loxus/Lexcost?)

Post by Jack Bauer »

That should be a great build. Always fancied one of those Haynes roadsters.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
thornogson

Re: Locost Lexus track day car (Loxus/Lexcost?)

Post by thornogson »

Been setting this up with a Auris V1d inverter with 180Jacob's version of Damien's dual motor board and assembling lots of parts for it .
We are all ignorant, just about different things. If y'aint learnin', y'aint livin'