Strange throttle response  [SOLVED]

ElMaco

Strange throttle response

Post by ElMaco »

Hi,

I am facing very strange throttle response.

Checking the throttle end values I get around 33 on the pot-value in "idle" and around 3980 on full throttle. Both values are fluctuating a bit, full throttle more than idle. I have set potmin and potmax to 20 and 3995 to get some margin.

When engaging forward (or reverse, just the same) and then pushing the throttle, nothing happens until about 1000 on the pot-value. Then it revs up to 3000 rpm, which is the rev limit. Nothing happens giving more throttle. When getting under approx 1000 on the pot-value the motor calmly slows down to a full stop.

Obviously I want a proportional throttle response from 0 to 3000 rpm.

What am I doing wrong?

Parameters:
potmin: 20
potmax: 3995
potmode: 0 (SingleRegen)
pot2min: 100
pot2max: 4000
fmax: 200hz (~3000 rpm)
polepairs: 4
throtmax: 100%
throtmin: 0%

My setup:
Nissan leaf EM-57
Rev 3 board
FW 5.00.R-foc
Curtis ET-134 throttle (0-5V) & FNR (12V) combo. Throttle supplies 0V at idle and 5V at full throttle
johu
Site Admin

Re: Strange throttle response  [SOLVED]

Post by johu »

It's a good question but a redundant question (because it was asked soooo many times). It is the normal throttle response of an unloaded motor because throttle controls torque, not speed. The first bit that doesn't react is the regen portion of the throttle (in newer versions it is different). It will feel more natural when actually mounted in a car.

While on the topic please read this also: viewtopic.php?t=5075
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
ElMaco

Re: Strange throttle response

Post by ElMaco »

Ah, thank you @johu!

Silly newbie misunderstanding.

The motor is actually already installed in the boat. I’ll install the adapter shaft between the redux case and my propeller shaft, reduce the max frequency for safety matters, and try again.
ElMaco

Re: Strange throttle response

Post by ElMaco »

johu wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:07 pm It's a good question but a redundant question (because it was asked soooo many times). It is the normal throttle response of an unloaded motor because throttle controls torque, not speed. The first bit that doesn't react is the regen portion of the throttle (in newer versions it is different). It will feel more natural when actually mounted in a car.

While on the topic please read this also: viewtopic.php?t=5075
Obviously you were perfectly right @johu.
After connecting the motor to the propeller shaft of my boat throttle response was as expected. Thank you!