Changing Acceleration Profile while running

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
ardillolambo

Changing Acceleration Profile while running

Post by ardillolambo »

Folks,

This idea came from another post....What if the acceleration profile can be change with an ECO/Sport mode buttons as a way to increase range (ECO) or increase performance (Sport).

Is this something that can be done with an SDU inverter board?

Regards,
jrbe

Re: Changing Acceleration Profile while running

Post by jrbe »

ardillolambo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 am ....What if the acceleration profile can be change with an ECO/Sport mode buttons
I always saw this as a gimmick. Give a throttle profile that makes a vehicle feel very powerful but drop your throttle granularity up top. Feels fast but not as smooth to drive.
Pedal remap devices can help correct poor maps or can make the vehicle miserable to drive. Eco mode is flat until the power spikes near full throttle, also hard to drive if you need some power. I always prefer a good usable throttle map.

If you get into a slippery condition and drop the total power down to get a good range of usable power I think that's a good idea.

I don't have an answer for your direct question but if recommend considering the total power modes over throttle profiles.
ardillolambo

Post by ardillolambo »

jrbe wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:23 pm I always saw this as a gimmick. Give a throttle profile that makes a vehicle feel very powerful but drop your throttle granularity up top. Feels fast but not as smooth to drive.
Pedal remap devices can help correct poor maps or can make the vehicle miserable to drive. Eco mode is flat until the power spikes near full throttle, also hard to drive if you need some power. I always prefer a good usable throttle map.

If you get into a slippery condition and drop the total power down to get a good range of usable power I think that's a good idea.

I don't have an answer for your direct question but if recommend considering the total power modes over throttle profiles.
I didn't express the idea correctly....I guess what I meant to say...with two properly tune throttle pedal maps one for mild acceleration profile for cruising purposes only "Electron Saver", another one for "performance" with aggressive acceleration profile, it will be possible to switch back and forth between maps with the push button or selector switch? is the OI SDU capable of doing this?
tom91

Post by tom91 »

Yes you can do this over CAN via the SDO.

https://openinverter.org/wiki/CAN_commu ... rs_via_SDO
Founder Volt Influx https://www.voltinflux.com/
Webstore: https://citini.com/