How to setup a PC to edit and compile a bin that can be uploaded to the VCU or Mini board

ted.walsh

How to setup a PC to edit and compile a bin that can be uploaded to the VCU or Mini board

Post by ted.walsh »

Allright, I've hacked around with various code formats over the years, BASIC, DOS, BATCH, VB et al, I can probably hold my own at a Noobs convention and hack my way across the open plains of coding but FFS what development environment, what programme do i need to install on my PC to hack about with the source off Damiens GIT, compile it and then upload it to the VCU etc?. Can anyone just give me PDF on how to endanger myself so I can get on with it? please...
Jacobsmess

Re: How to setup a PC to edit and compile a bin that can be uploaded to the VCU or Mini board

Post by Jacobsmess »

I'm no coder, and someone will be along shortly to correct me but I believe it's all c/c++. Arduino IDE or similar should be all you need to look at the binaries (I think). Otherwise, the code is completely uploaded by the web interface, no other software required.
Also, please do not endanger yourself or anyone else (pot calling the kettle black here perhaps!)
Bigpie

Re: How to setup a PC to edit and compile a bin that can be uploaded to the VCU or Mini board

Post by Bigpie »

https://github.com/crasbe/ZombieBuild will help with the VCU firmware building and also OI. Be aware and changes you make could result in unexpected behaviour, obviously.
VW Beetle 2003
Outlander front generator
Prius Gen 3 inverter (EVBMW logic board)
Outlander charger
3x Golf GTE batteries
Chademo Charging
Outlander water heater
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

Bigpie wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 am https://github.com/crasbe/ZombieBuild will help with the VCU firmware building and also OI. Be aware and changes you make could result in unexpected behaviour, obviously.
Thanks for your help on this BP,
can you tell me where I might find a source of stdint.h and its associated mates? there appear to be pointers in the STM32 making ref and throwing errors?