Nissan Leaf Gen3 Drop-in board

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
uhi22

Re: Nissan Leaf Gen3 Drop-in board

Post by uhi22 »

Thanks for these deep insights. The split termination indeed reduces the common-mode disturbances, which could be helpful in noisy environments. With the cost, that it needs well-matched resistors to avoid translating the common-mode-noise to differential noise, which would be worse. So yes, it is the safe way for designing the termination. And a safe design is much better than sporadic issues in the field. So I can only say: Thank you for your professional work.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Just tried opening the project and there seem to be some missing files:

Code: Select all

Fehler traten beim Laden der Footprints auf:
Footprintbibliothek "/home/johu/Projekte/e-umbau/kicad/Nissan-Leaf-Gen-3-Adapter-Board/V0.0.4/Footprints" nicht gefunden.
Footprintbibliothek "${KICAD_LIB}/JLCPCB/JLCPCB.pretty" nicht gefunden.
Footprintbibliothek "C:/Users/jeremxxxx/Desktop/Personal Projects/Open Inverter/Nissan Gen3 Inverter/Gen 3 Leaf Adapter" nicht gefunden.
Footprintbibliothek "/home/johu/Projekte/e-umbau/kicad/Nissan-Leaf-Gen-3-Adapter-Board/V0.0.4/Symbols" nicht gefunden.
Footprintbibliothek "/home/johu/Projekte/e-umbau/kicad/Nissan-Leaf-Gen-3-Adapter-Board/V0.0.4/TPS61175.pretty" nicht gefunden.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
jrbe

Post by jrbe »

Kicad libraries is definitely somewhere that I struggle, sorry for the issue.

I have uploaded the folders & files to github and reorganized the folder structure to mimic what I think the missing files snip is showing. I did add these files in the project, I think Kicad will find them... You may have to add the library locations manually for the errors after you download the new version if Kicad doesn't find them. Please sync or toss that copy and pull from github again.

TPS61175 is an old artifact from the i3 adapter I referenced very early on, I did not find the symbol or footprint anywhere that it is referenced in this current leaf adapter.

Kicad recovery might find them too since they should all be in the project folder now.

Let me know how it goes.