HV Chademo to MPPT

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
Tonks4x4

HV Chademo to MPPT

Post by Tonks4x4 »

Good Afternoon I am new to the forum but have several projects on the go.
I have done some research and know that it is possible and has been done before.
At my business property I have 11.6kw of Solar on a 3 phase system. I have excess power for the most part of the year.
I am in the process of having a new zappi installed as there are several vehicles on site to use this.
However my main requirement is to charge a Gen1 24kw leaf only with surplus power.
Then drive it home and plug it into my Victron system using a Chademo connector to a 450v MPPT charge controller.
This will then charge my 48V battery storage and meet the requirements of the house during the night.

My question to everyone here is if anyone can help me to get the exact method to open the contactors in the leaf to allow direct 400v dc from the battery from the Chademo plug.

I am fully aware of the dangers of HV DC etc etc.

I have seen the likes of Dala that has done it direct to battery pack but I would still like to use the car as dual purpose.

Thanks for anyone’s help in advance.
Regards Brian
auMal

Re: HV Chademo to MPPT

Post by auMal »

I'm very much interested in this for using a cheap old EV as primarily a home battery and occasional 2nd vehicle.

Modding the car to close contractors on demand is possible, but talking on the can bus instead of modding and manually driving a HV system would be ideal.

Let me know if you make progress.