IMA Inverter identification and information

Jacobsmess

IMA Inverter identification and information

Post by Jacobsmess »

So I bought what was advertised as a IMA inverter but has turned out to be the DC to DC converter. The seller has apologised and is going to send the inverter but it seems it's the earlier 03-05 honda civic inverter (see pic) not the later one that has been reverse engineered.

Has anyone worked with this earlier inverter or does anyone know of a source of information? From what I can see there is no PCB which seems odd. I was hoping the OI mini mainboard could be used to control it or a lebowski board but am I looking at the wrong inverter here? Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_2023-12-28-18-45-57-060_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
marcexec

Re: IMA Inverter identification and information

Post by marcexec »

Haven't come across it, but it's definitely interesting. Can you post more detailed pictures, e.g. with some of the components?
I'd cross-post on ES, it's more likely to be picked up by the likes of Roger and Bas - https://endless-sphere.com/sphere/threa ... ep.119952/ for my guide on the OG IMA :).
A motorcyclist is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Getting started guide for Celeron55's iPDM56
My Suzuki RF400 build @ES
Honda IMA & Lebowski howto
Jacobsmess

Post by Jacobsmess »

I ended up getting a refund as it wasn't well documented and I'm looking for the path of least resistance
Romale

Post by Romale »

there is a power unit there. There is also a power inverter in your photo. but it has external current sensors and external power conductors, which makes it much less convenient to use.
evil neodymium :twisted: