Theoretical Question regarding Fweak

P.S.Mangelsdorf

Theoretical Question regarding Fweak

Post by P.S.Mangelsdorf »

So, my understanding from the parameter definitions is that Fweak is the point of peak power, and thus lowering Fweak increases the punch of a launch but sacrifices top end performance, and raising Fweak reduces the power at launch but improves top end performance.

This leads to a thought: During an extended pull, such as a dragstrip run, would there be a benefit to dynamically mapping Fweak such that, after reaching it, Fweak shifts along with frequency so that the motor remains at peak power? Would there be any downsides? I'm thinking of a separate box that could be turned on during a pass to map Fweak over CAN.
If at first you don't succeed, buy a bigger hammer.

1940 Chevrolet w/ Tesla LDU - "Shocking Chevy" - Completed 2023 Hot Rod Drag Week
johu
Site Admin

Re: Theoretical Question regarding Fweak

Post by johu »

Raising fweak doesn't raise top end performance. It stretches out the constant torque region but at a lower level
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Have you looked at the extra-spicy "current control" firmware that catphish created?

viewtopic.php?p=55078#p55078
P.S.Mangelsdorf

johu wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:19 am Raising fweak doesn't raise top end performance. It stretches out the constant torque region but at a lower level
Ok, but would it enable the constant torque region to be extended by dynamically shifting fweak? I may be grasping at straws here, but it was an idea I had for how to get the launch benefit of lower fweak without the performance roll off.

1940 Chevrolet w/ Tesla LDU - "Shocking Chevy" - Completed 2023 Hot Rod Drag Week
P.S.Mangelsdorf

Aragorn wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:11 am Have you looked at the extra-spicy "current control" firmware that catphish created?

viewtopic.php?p=55078#p55078
I had not yet, I will need to read through that thread.