Drawing power out of CCS port (V2x, inverse charging, bidirectional CCS)

Development and discussion of fast charging systems eg Chademo , CCS etc
MustafaEmbedded

Re: Drawing power out of CCS port (V2x, inverse charging, bidirectional CCS)

Post by MustafaEmbedded »

peternooy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:54 am Today I have a chance to revisit this again, this time with MG4 electric (2023). The set up same as before, CCS2 with only communication protocol runing. The car stay connected in the charging session, with no power transfer and without any complaint. II run the test for 15 miniutes, before stop it.
Set up:

Session screen, show with no power:

Next step is to draw some heavy current out of this car and see if it trigger any alrm or HV fault, :twisted:
EDIT 1: Latest test, I run the session for 2 hours without any complaint, DC pin voltage 355 v (without load)

EDIT 2: Tested with 2 ligh bulb in series (60+60w), run the session run for 2 hours no complaint, the MG4 seem to be OK with the fact that SoC reduced rom 43% to 42% in 2 hours while fast charging.

EDIT 3: Confirmed with 5kW heater, test only for 5 minutes. SoC reduced about 4% during discharged. I can observe a lots of energy has been transfer out from MG4 battery during this 5 minute. No error reported, the car operate as normal.

Edit 4: Tesla & BYD Atto3 also OK now

Edit 5: 5kw V2L with MG4

Edit 6: 5kW V2L with Tesla-Y

I'm currently running evsemode. I come to the precharge section by car. What do I need to do to draw power from the CCS port (V2x, reverse charge, bi-directional CCS)

Can I charge another vehicle with the power drawn from the vehicle?
bidi24

Post by bidi24 »

Hello all,
I'm new to this topic, looking for help with getting started on a hands-on project to build a system that can draw power out of the CCS port. Can someone provide guidance on how I can go about building this? Thanks!
uhi22

Post by uhi22 »

Hello and welcome. As starting point just study the Evse mode manual and the wiki which are linked in the beginning of this thread. Then let's discuss your ideas and questions here, and finally please help to collect the knowledge in the wiki.
Griffigroen

Post by Griffigroen »

Hi, I would like to test if a Polestar 2 can discharge via the CCS port with a possibility of V2X. I already had a Dlan 1200+ available. And I was able to convertert it to power it with 3.3v and a dcdc converter from 5v (see attachments). Also programming it was succesful but the last step to get it working is connecting the PLC to the car and therefore my question:
Where do I need to connect the CP?
Attachments
undefined - Imgur 2.jpg
undefined - Imgur 3.jpg
undefined - Imgur.jpg
uhi22

Post by uhi22 »

It is not clear, whether the DLAN 1200+ works for this purpose. In my tests here https://github.com/uhi22/pyPLC/blob/mas ... -dlan-1200 the conclusion was, that it does not send the SLAC in PEV mode, and I'm not sure whether it supports SLAC at all. You could try. The original AC power pins should be perfect for coupling to the PE and CP.
image.png
image.png (167.52 KiB) Viewed 521 times
The coupling network which needs to be added there is described here: https://github.com/uhi22/pyPLC/blob/mas ... -is-the-cp
uhi22

Post by uhi22 »

Tested two Tesla Model Y - thanks to the great people in the Linux day in Augsburg! They stop at the PreCharge. Most likely it expects a physical voltage on the port during the PreCharge.
Log is here: https://github.com/uhi22/pyPLC/blob/mas ... ecoded.txt
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

i wonder if it is possible to connect the car in this state to an high voltage hybrid inverter and use it as battery pack for my home? as far as i know the BMS is a "problem". maybe it could be simulated by something like this https://github.com/dalathegreat/Battery-Emulator ? or is there any inverter without BMS?
uhi22

Post by uhi22 »

Exactly. If the hybrid solar inverter has a battery voltage range of lets say 200 to 450V, it perfectly matches to a car battery. Somebody uses this here: https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/view ... 1#p2193381
He uses an inverter which allows to set the battery type "lead acid", in this case the inverter does not expect a BMS communication. Just the battery min and max voltage need to be set that it has sufficient distance to the 0% and 100% voltage of the car.
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

would that mean discharging (power to the house) and also charging (power from house, eg. from unused pv power)? so if the car is in this state it does not matter if power goes out or in to the car?
uhi22

Post by uhi22 »

Physically this exacty is the case. You can charge and discharge. The only blocker may be the software of the car, which could have a supervision that stops the thing. Some results are mentioned above in the thread, the MG is showing how great it could work.
uhi22

Post by uhi22 »

peternooy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:54 am Edit 4: Tesla ... also OK now
Do you say thay that you convinced the Model Y to close the contactors, without providing physical voltage during the PreCharge? We tried, but without success, using the latest pyPLC and two different Model Y, as I understood one quite old and a newer. They stop the session after around 10s in PreCharge.
Knuckles

Post by Knuckles »

is this possible with focci and clara?
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Knuckles wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 pm is this possible with focci and clara?
You can draw power from a vehicle that is equipped with Foccci (video coming)
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9