Audi e-tron 55 95 kWh complete teardown and a deeper look in to all the components.

Forum on Volkswagen related hardware, so VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda etc.
Gregski

Audi e-tron 55 95 kWh complete teardown and a deeper look in to all the components.

Post by Gregski »

just wanted to show the Audi e-tron battery sum luv

I will build up this post a little over time, please feel free to contribute

FEATURES
  • 4P3S Configuration
  • 12 cells per module
    • 4 cells in parallel
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
Gregski

Re: Audi e-tron 55 95 kWh complete teardown and a deeper look in to all the components.

Post by Gregski »

mandatory stare and compare

Volkswagen ID.3 battery module compared to the Audi e-tron

ID.3 vs e-tron.jpg
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
arber333

Re: Audi e-tron 55 95 kWh complete teardown and a deeper look in to all the components.

Post by arber333 »

Gregski wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:02 pm mandatory stare and compare

Volkswagen ID.3 battery module compared to the Audi e-tron
Not nothing to compare. ID3 is 12S module and E-tron is 3S but is 4P3S so the energy is a lot...
modellfan

Post by modellfan »

Any CAN log files, any DBC or even running code yet? Is there any chance, they a using the same messages as ID.3 ID.4 ?
boekel

Post by boekel »

modellfan wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:38 pm Any CAN log files, any DBC or even running code yet? Is there any chance, they a using the same messages as ID.3 ID.4 ?
These e-tron CMU's speak the same language as the VW e-golf and e-tron batteries, but they don't update the values unless we powercycled the cmu's and we never found out how to make them update.

note that there are now also audi-etron models that use the MEB battery platform.