[WIP] 1974 Otis with GS450h

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
dombutler

[WIP] 1974 Otis with GS450h

Post by dombutler »

Hi,

well i've been lurking on here a while and I thought I would share what i'm attempting to build.
I have a stripped out Otis, the previous owner thought it was a good idea to make a custom full length gullwing doors, so he cut out the center section and junked it!
So far I have bought a gs450h transmission and inverter, the project has stalled for a couple of months mostly because I've been having trouble finding the wiring from the tranmission to the inverter (the black and grey plugs).

I plan to use a zombieverter, unsure of what battery and charger at this point.

I'm going to collect all the parts and make sure it is working before installing the transmission. This may take a while as I have 2 sons in college and trying to buy a house to get out of the ridiculous rent Im currently paying!
Thanks,
Dom
snelly

Re: [WIP] 1974 Otis with GS450h

Post by snelly »

this forum is great for info

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/forum
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

welcome to the GS450h Club, best of luck on your build, take tons of pics and shoot lots of video
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
dombutler

Post by dombutler »

So my search for some oem resolver wires still draws a blank. I've messaging anyone who is parting out a Gs450h, trying to find the cable Image
They all say no!
So the last knucklehead I contacted on ebay says yet again no he doesn't have that cable, also the same knucklehead has Toyota 90980-12520 resolver connectors with very short wires for $30 each!

Is there a definite list of main loom part numbers that fit the inverter? (because there are many) And are the Toyota 90980-12520 resolver connectors on Aliexpress any good?

On another note, I bought a 24kw battery pack with 72% soh not great, not terrible!:
Came with a few other parts, like the whole car! May have to drive it a bit first!
Yes it was cheap and yes the project is going off track before I have even started!
Bigpie

Post by Bigpie »

That part of the harness is simple and easy to make up yourself, the part numbers for the connectors are on the wiki. I had to make mine. I used https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204017685320 for the cable. Make sure not to use solid core cable.
VW Beetle 2003
Outlander front generator
Prius Gen 3 inverter (EVBMW logic board)
Outlander charger
3x Golf GTE batteries
Chademo Charging
Outlander water heater
dombutler

Post by dombutler »

Thanks for the link, that helps a bunch!