Outlander rear motor not spinning

Mitsubishi hybrid drive unit hacking
mgbgtv8

Outlander rear motor not spinning

Post by mgbgtv8 »

Hello,
I'm Stefan from Bavaria and try to convert a classic mini to electric. The setup so far:
- Outlander rear motor with original resolver cable.
- Outlander rear inverter (not from the same vehicle).
- Zombieverter V2.0
- BMW 540e battery 12 kWh

The communication with the S-Box of the battery works well, the throttle sensor (BMW E39 I think) also. But I can't get the motor spinning.
The connections should be correct: when pushing the start button the relay applies 12 V to the inverter, the contactors in the S-box are clicking and I see udc and udc2 at 337 V, opmode is "Run". But there are a lot of strange values: INVudc is 20480 V, speed is 11730 rpm and torque says 10.000 digits. InvStat stays always at "Off".
I get reasonable values for tmphs and tmpm (18 deg). When disconnecting the resolver cable, tmpm goes up to 200 deg or so. So I think the CAN communication between inverter and zombie should be working.
Pressing the throttle gives reasonable values for potnom (between 0 and 100, as expected. For this I had to modify the speedlimit to 20000, because as said before, by starting the inverter the speed is >10000). The torque value rises from 10000 dig (throttle not pressed) to exactly 12000 dig when throttle is fully pressed.
The inverter and motor do not make any sound when 12V are applied. Is this normal?
I've disconnected the cable from the inverter and checked the resitances, all are o.k.
I've connected the RSDN cable to ground, but also tested disconnected, no difference.

Any ideas what could be the reason why I can't get the motor spinning? What should I check next?

Thanks,
Stefan
tom91

Re: Outlander rear motor not spinning

Post by tom91 »

It is not yet supported. due to a bunch of working being done at the same time only the front motors are currently supported.

There are prototypes running with this drivetrain so its coming soon.
Founder Volt Influx https://www.voltinflux.com/
Webstore: https://citini.com/
royhen99

Re: Outlander rear motor not spinning

Post by royhen99 »

The current code does not support either the rear or front motors. The messages for the speed and to send the torque values should be big endian but are little endian in the code. The temperature values are only 8 bit so they work correctly.