[WIP] [BOAT] Single Seat F2 Race catamaran

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
ted.walsh

[WIP] [BOAT] Single Seat F2 Race catamaran

Post by ted.walsh »

[WIP][FIRST DRIVE / FUNCTIONAL]
We have been working on a record attempt electric boat. BMW hybrid packs, Nissan Leaf, Zombieverter. We took it to the famous Coniston Records week and achieved a certified 82MPH. I would of liked a little more but we learned a lot about attempting electric records and about the rig itself. The OEM stock software controls ultimately limited the attempt but hoping to move to a Johanes board to bypass the pitfalls.
My brothers employer A and M EDM amedm.co.uk took our designs and did the machining work for us resulting in a very neat OEM look to the conversion. We are using the standard tried and tested Mercury Marine race leg to provide the final drive which is essentially a 90deg gearbox with the leaf EM57 on one end and race prop on the other. We use 2 BMW hybrid packs pararalled together, essentially 96s2p. I havnt got any standardised charging figured out yet and would like to go to chademo but in the short term we use 3x 1kw li-ion chargers to 67.2v per hybrid brick off the mains.
The politics have been fearsom with many new unique and novel criteria being required before it even got wet but we got there in the end this year. Next year Im suspecting the hurdle will be much higher!
IMG_1293.jpg
IMG_1289.JPG
IMG_1292.jpg
IMG_1291.PNG
IMG_1290.JPG
IMG_1289.JPG
Attachments
4D171FD3-48D2-4B36-AF06-653AAE3BC861.JPG
Bigpie

Re: [WIP] [BOAT] Single Seat F2 Race catamaran

Post by Bigpie »

That thing is awesome
VW Beetle 2003
Outlander front generator
Prius Gen 3 inverter (EVBMW logic board)
Outlander charger
3x Golf GTE batteries
Chademo Charging
Outlander water heater
janosch

Re: [WIP] [BOAT] Single Seat F2 Race catamaran

Post by janosch »

This looks incredible Ted!

Let me know if you want any help with charging this at a higher rate.